The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Utility Belt

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:05 AM
Reaction score
I didn't order them, because I had no clue what to use them for.
Yesterday I went to the agent to see my car for real and, guess what, I got them anyway... for free...
and suddenly I have to figure out what use them for.
I think I will stick some spare fittings on them for "the looks".
+ 1
I am sure we will find some real problems that can be solved with help of the mighty rails!

Reactions: PBD

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:05 AM
Reaction score
+ 1
I am sure we will find some real problems that can be solved with help of the mighty rails!
Speaking to an owner and he said the rails are a PIA to clean, I'm hoping that they aren't available with my vehicle when it finally arrives

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Speaking to an owner and he said the rails are a PIA to clean, I'm hoping that they aren't available with my vehicle when it finally arrives
And that was the reason why I didn't order them. But now they are here and it seems stupid to let them change against the closed sides.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:05 AM
Reaction score
Aren't covers available? And just use the rails you need/want to , when you want to?
I don't see it as an issue, though I wouldn't want salty dirt/mud caked in there. Not being euro is a bonus for me.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:05 AM
Reaction score
Aren't covers available? And just use the rails you need/want to , when you want to?
I don't see it as an issue, though I wouldn't want salty dirt/mud caked in there. Not being euro is a bonus for me.
Apparently the covers aren't available so all IG's are delivered with rails. Want them or not.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Incorrect.

@joseph.graham reports in a WA thread that his IG just got delivered without them (he forgot to add them to his FM spec)
According to my info from IA, there had been an issue which resulted in all vehicles being built with the utility rails but that has been resolved a few months ago.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Aftermarket rubber inserts are available that leave you with a neat hemispherical profile.
i might add them just for door bumpers, if im not using the rails.

i’m kind of keen to see what uses evolve over time for them. I agree there’s not a lot immediately obvious that is sensible. But, like the ability to remove a defender roof and fold the windscreen forwards, or use the proper PTO (not electricity, true threshing power!), almost no-one ever did it, but it was nice that it was possible. Part of the joy in the bones of the thing.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:05 PM
Reaction score
Because I find it uncomfortable to sit while wearing, I will be utilizing the IG utility belt to its fullest.

IMG_0614.jpeg

Joey

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:05 PM
Reaction score
Incorrect.

@joseph.graham reports in a WA thread that his IG just got delivered without them (he forgot to add them to his FM spec)
@Sam

Your 100% right mate. I was the first resolved case...the infills are great on the doors (I don't want anything on my doors) but the rear is just an empty track. It looks like I can slide a airline rail into the slot and screw in? Can anyone confirm? TIA.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Classier than screw bolting the vise to a stump.

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:05 AM
Reaction score
I would just carry a couple of spare chains, need a bit more room about the saw than that for hand filing. IMHO of course.

Back
Top Bottom