The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

TFLs Astonishment

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
Look, I really like TFL. But in this video from the Overland Expo they seemed stunned at how Ineos was dominating the scene. They seem to indicate they absolutely hated how it drove on the road. But I think what they are really mad at is they made several great videos, made you pay for premium early access even. Then they sold it "BANG" like, thinking it was a fad and doomed for failure. Yet they still have that POS Cyber Refrigerator. ( which thankfully a tuned TRX just smoked) And now seeing the enthusiasm maybe they wish they had not dumped it so quick? Maybe I am reading too much into this. Now they even went and bought another 4 banger Defender to see if the first one being a Lemon was a fluke. Remember they had 2 Defenders totaled out under warranty already. One from just trying to add a winch. But by golly it handles better on the road, LOL.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:37 PM
Reaction score
As sooon as they were b*tching about the drive on the Grenny I was out. They never really gave it a shot. Definitely LR fanboys. Look at some of their other older purchases…I still occasionally watch them but not a go to anymore.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
Glad I am not the only one to see it that way. They simply never gave it a chance. I get it, its expensive. But to hold on to the Cyber Refrigerator for clicks, but not acknowledging how useless it is, then dropping the Grenadier cold turkey after only a couple of months seems contrary to what they normally do. They went through a couple of Lemon new Defenders trying to find one drivable, and just got another, still have the exploded Tacoma and so on. But the Grenadier was not worthy? I think this one will come back to haunt them.

Local time
Reaction score
You guys need to understand the difference between selling clicks, and selling cars.

I don’t have the numbers in front of me for how U2 monetizes channels.

But I do know how much annual income the average JLR owner has.
Aren’t many of these bozos meeting the minimum income requirements without help from the manufacturers.
All these channels are get in, as low as possible, make the videos, watch the clicks, and then get out.

If they only ever bought one car, they would be a one video channel and then would be done.

So I wouldn’t go looking for affront in places where by its nature you have to be a ffronted.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The video started off with the one guy complaining why overland expo didn’t feed them because they were journalists and it was hot out. Poor guy, I mean, having to walk around and do work and stuff. I turned it off.
Last year at Overland Expo East I overheard several people who were there as "media" (I won't call them journalists) complaining about the previous day's catered lunch options not being up to par and they were glad that they had switched to catered Chick-Fil-A for Saturday (the nearest CFA is almost an hour away); one mentioned that if it "weren't for the usually good food and free entry" there'd be no reason to cover any of the events

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Last year at Overland Expo East I overheard several people who were there as "media" (I won't call them journalists) complaining about the previous day's catered lunch options not being up to par and they were glad that they had switched to catered Chick-Fil-A for Saturday (the nearest CFA is almost an hour away); one mentioned that if it "weren't for the usually good food and free entry" there'd be no reason to cover any of the events

You forget that a lot of these people are absolute “legends” and “rock stars” !!!! In their own heads !!

They have something to prove unlike their peers who are already at the top of their game.

WanderingSniper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:37 PM
Reaction score
Unless I missed something it wasn’t that big a deal. They praised it Offroad very highly. Then they said they didn’t love driving it as it wandered on the highway. There are a hundred posts saying the same thing on this forum. I’m not a fan of listening to them ramble and get stuff wrong, but they didn’t say anything about the Grenadier we don’t say about it.

wolftimj

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Unless I missed something it wasn’t that big a deal. They praised it Offroad very highly. Then they said they didn’t love driving it as it wandered on the highway. There are a hundred posts saying the same thing on this forum. I’m not a fan of listening to them ramble and get stuff wrong, but they didn’t say anything about the Grenadier we don’t say about it.
I love my Grenadier, would buy it again in a heartbeat. If I have more than an hour long drive, especially on the highway, I take my other car. Don’t give a crap what any dipshit on YouTube thinks, but also wouldn’t cancel them for something in which I don’t necessarily agree.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As I am very familiar with the location of both OEE and CFA - 🤣.
:rolleyes:😒
Cheers!

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
On another note ... Are you aware if Ineos planning any event at OEE this year?? Incredibly the Saturday doesn't conflict with my work schedule!☺️

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
On another note ... Are you aware if Ineos planning any event at OEE this year?? Incredibly the Saturday doesn't conflict with my work schedule!☺️
As of last week they will have a booth, I'm not sure if there will be an "event" like they had at Expo West (an arrive & drive), but the tent will be present along with a handful of vehicles

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:37 PM
Reaction score
It was all lead up to they going to by new D90,
View: https://youtu.be/yZU-Ipo9Jp0?t=1842
but here point where talk about Grenadier, it was Roman complaining, it was really about luxuries missing, Lumbar, heated steering wheel, heated and cooling seats, adaptive cruise control , want it to drive like a car. Did not like how it wonders on road, he want luxury comfortable car

Back
Top Bottom