The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tailgate folding camp table rattle

Bobs-dad

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:31 PM
Reaction score
Hi Does anyone have an issue with the Ineos Tailgate foldable camp table rattle when you go over bumps? If so did you find a fix? I can’t seem to work out what part of it is rattling.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:31 AM
Reaction score

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes I have the rattle. Solved it by cutting a piece of sleep mat foam to the size of the table and it sits inside the folded up table to stop rattling. It doubles up as a nice sitting pad too I guess!. Tried tightening all the fasteners but that didn't help.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If all the fasteners are tight and there is no play in the closed position. Then the next step is to use black anti rattle felt tape on certain inner sections of the arms which rattle against the table on bumps.

I have no rattles from my camping table even when off roading.

Tmal

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking to add the table to my grenadier. is it better to get an after market one or through the dealer?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
I went after market with the offering from @GPFACTOR and couldn’t be happier. It’s a high quality, made in the USA product.

Tmal

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:31 PM
Reaction score
If anyone has a link to a good after market tailgate table, i would appreciate it.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
If anyone has a link to a good after market tailgate table, i would appreciate it.
With Storage

Without Storage

Local time
Reaction score
they don't all rattle I have had long tern experience of 4 and no rattles over 5K on each

Brandtnm

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:31 PM
Reaction score
I went after market with the offering from @GPFACTOR and couldn’t be happier. It’s a high quality, made in the USA product.
Did the same, great (albeit EXPENSIVE) product. I use it all the time for so many things. It’s like a third hand . Highly recommended!

KBKLR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If all the fasteners are tight and there is no play in the closed position. Then the next step is to use black anti rattle felt tape on certain inner sections of the arms which rattle against the table on bumps.

I have no rattles from my camping table even when off roading.
My one drove me nuts, I stuck two large foam sponges in, did not help. I stuck anti rattle tape around the arms and there is no longer any rattle whatsoever. Had never heard of anti rattle tape up to this point. No need to find a different table

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:31 AM
Reaction score
My one drove me nuts, I stuck two large foam sponges in, did not help. I stuck anti rattle tape around the arms and there is no longer any rattle whatsoever. Had never heard of anti rattle tape up to this point. No need to find a different table
Can you post a picture of the table with the tape visible around the arms, thanks.

I think it will be informative, aka I may need to do it and I can shamelessly copy your fix!

KBKLR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That is the anti rattle tape fitted, just apply wherever there is going to be a metal to metal interface, and like magic your noise has gone. Much more simple than many of the other proposals which don't work at best. Anti Rattle tape available on Amazon.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anti rattle tape is what dealers use. I’ve used it in all situations, from behind gloves boxes to and door trims to fix rattles.

Back
Top Bottom