The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Table in the back door !?

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:40 PM
Reaction score
Seriously.. I do not like prejudice in case of a "Nationality" in make of quality.
There is this bad joke..
A dream..
Italian cuisine, British police and German engineering..
A nightmare: Italian engineering, British cuisine and German police.

As of now. - I can tell Italian shotguns such as the Beretta are finest engineering, There is certain british cuisine that is definitely top.. and German police.. oh I've got some experience .. (but this does not belong here)
The Renault and Peugeot engineers I wonder about. - What Renault produced was mostly crap. Peugeot managed at least to built incredibly reliable diesel engines and old 504 and 404 still operational in Africa.. - But there is no salt and rust .. But e.g,. the 104 was a piece of shite .. cylinder head gaskets went off .. also changing spark plugs need more joints in human arms than available.. . again the 205 was a fine car. So sometimes they can do something proper. But its like rolling dices..
Citroen was quite futuristic and ahead of time. The DS (the goddess) is still an icon.
So no discredit on certain engineering.. but certain brands have definitely - a design to fail.
Look in the north Volvo, - Saab.. Were built like a tank - but nowadays .. Nope.
In Germany first series of Golf.. rust.. / cheating exhaust.. - Some Opel .. the camshaft.. - Brakes.. lighting,.. so any of these have certain design and tech failures.
Even Mercedes Benz . and the moose. - Also changing a headlight on an A class old series is a challenge you have to do it from the front fenders so if lucky tyres to far right or far left.. or wheels to be removed to access.
Failed car designs is not a topic just occupied by French car makers.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
What Renault produced was mostly crap. Peugeot managed at least to built incredibly reliable diesel engines and old 504 and 404 still operational in Africa..
That's what I've been preaching since 1871. (y)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
There is a difference between bad quality (e.g. first and second series of Golf) and bad construction.

The R6 and many other cars from there are a nightmare when it comes to repairs. This also applies to the Citroen DS, the "final enemy" of every mechanic. Excellent exterior and interior design, and a trend-setting suspension.

But woe betide you if you had to repair it ... :eek: And the same goes for the GS.

This has nothing to do with prejudicing, am talking from experience.

And the factory where the Grenadier is assembled is still a Mercedes outcome. :)

Last edited:

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
This thread is now way off topic but in defence of French cars I had a Renault Sport Megane RS250 which is probably the most fun car I have ever owned, previous car was an E92 M3 and I would go the Renault Sport over that any day. Only issue I had was the clutch linkage failed once but that was quickly fixed (not by me but the dealer under warranty).
Also had a Mercedes GLC250d made in Sindelfingen that failed the day I drove it out of the dealership, I was not a happy chap that day.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
So...to wrap up... and get back on topic.....those with the Grenadier table option will be able to use it as a bench on which to repair small parts from their favourite French vehicle! :cool:
Sounds very James May-like

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
Assuming that I get the table which I probably will. It most likely will be used for slicing cheese and whichever charcuterie goodies are to hand.

I just hope it won’t rattle. That will get old very quickly.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Assuming that I get the table which I probably will. It most likely will be used for slicing cheese and whichever charcuterie goodies are to hand.
So not butchering freshly killed prey? If so, you will need the one with the blood groove😜

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
Table set up looks pretty good and might be handy. Certainly covers up any bends in the little door storage cover!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
If you are looking for interesting idea, look at this a guy name Fish13. On the new defender, he removed the safety triangle and put in a set of electrical plugs and an inverter behind the wall. Not bad idea if you are looking to maximize space.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom