The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Table in the back door !?

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:30 PM
Reaction score
I ordered the table in the back door, but no utensil bar on the sides. does anyone know if the accessory table can be set up without the bars

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:30 PM
Reaction score
How do those retaining arms stow, incase anyone knows?

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7802201
Picture taken in Aufenau Event - That is the vehicle (PT02-019) I did the test drive with. - I did order this as well. - Do not know if this is the final version of rear table. Seems quite rugged.
Yeah I like that. Did try to add to my configuration but told I was after the freeze point. Looks a pretty simple dealer or customer install though, always assuming I can get delivery of the parts!

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah I like that. Did try to add to my configuration but told I was after the freeze point. Looks a pretty simple dealer or customer install though, always assuming I can get delivery of the parts!
Indeed - when you look close at all parts internally - there is nothing "clipped or sealed or special tools required.
All covers seem properly torxed - and very few different type - so a foldable table should be easy attached in an aftermarket process.
That is one main reason why I like the Grenadier. Easy to repair and maintain, attach / enhance.. using "quite normal" tools.

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Indeed - when you look close at all parts internally - there is nothing "clipped or sealed or special tools required.
All covers seem properly torxed - and very few different type - so a foldable table should be easy attached in an aftermarket process.
That is one main reason why I like the Grenadier. Easy to repair and maintain, attach / enhance.. using "quite normal" tools.
Over the Christmas break went and saw a PT02 in my local dealer - Gloucester, UK - had a joke with my father-in-law,
All grenadier fixings are either a Torx or 19mm bolt so that you would only ever need 2 tools 😂

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Over the Christmas break went and saw a PT02 in my local dealer - Gloucester, UK - had a joke with my father-in-law,
All grenadier fixings are either a Torx or 19mm bolt so that you would only ever need 2 tools 😂
Yeah - simplifies repair cost, - hence in Germany also considered in insurance premium..
For Ineos cost of supply, less warehouse cost, - fewer spare parts, minimising logistics.
Someone used indeed cerebral capability..

Look at the opposite.. there is a car called Renault Modus. (I think that is the one.. ) changing a headlight need the entire front and bumpers removed.
Plastic clips and other shite break need replace.. parts of it fall in less / not accessible areas and make noise somewhere in the vehicle sooner than later..
WTF.. perhaps cheap in production.. lesser skilled work force needed - but difficult to repair and huge logistic effort and operational cost increases.

Local time
3:30 PM
Reaction score
Better/different aftermarket options will also be available by the time things cross the Atlantic.
Oh I’m sure it looks like the factory bit is a bit overbuilt imho, I also look forward to the L track solutions people and the aftermarket come up with for the load space. I went with Etrak in my D1 for similar utility and it’s been fantastic.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Renault Modus. (I think that is the one.. ) changing a headlight need the entire front and bumpers removed.
Yes, THIS is a car made (or designed?) in France.

Many years ago I had an R6. I bought it for 250 DM. It was so cheap because the crank's shaft oil seal was broken and thus oil leaked onto the clutch.

So I thought (coming from an Opel Kadett) it's an afternoon to repair it. But I haden't realized that the R6 was a middle-motor concept and even worse it was french.

I had to dismount
  • the air filter
  • the carburettor
  • the intake manifold
  • the exhaust manifold
  • the exhaust Y-pipe
  • the starter
  • the entire steering linkage
  • the steering gear
  • the front break lines
  • the front brakes
  • the front suspension, transverse links, dampers
  • the starter
  • the gearbox
  • a ton of brackets, holders and metal sheets
and some other things that I don't remember. I needed a number of special tools that I didn't have and that would have cost more than the whole "car". So I made them myself, which took an extra day or two.

The whole mess ended up taking a week. 🤮

Believe me: never a French car again. Ever! And now maybe you understand why I'm so allergic to this "Made in France" bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom