The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Swapping tires - value of Bridgestone All Terrains?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:40 PM
Reaction score
I have 2500 miles on my IG with the stock Bridgestone All-Terrains. I was looking to upgrade to 285/75r17 KO3s.

Looking to go to the local Discount Tire/Tire Discounter (I get them mixed up). Will they take ‘trade-ins’? What can I get for them do you think?

I really don’t have a place to store them, and I’ve never sold anything on eBay or the other boards.

Thoughts?

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:40 PM
Reaction score
I have 2500 miles on my IG with the stock Bridgestone All-Terrains. I was looking to upgrade to 285/75r17 KO3s.

Looking to go to the local Discount Tire/Tire Discounter (I get them mixed up). Will they take ‘trade-ins’? What can I get for them do you think?

I really don’t have a place to store them, and I’ve never sold anything on eBay or the other boards.

Thoughts?
My experience, they have not been interested or minimally interested in giving a credit for the take offs, but never hurts to ask. I have had luck with Craigslist and I suppose FB marketplace would probably work. Not sure how many people might be looking for 17s in this day and age however. The other downside is dealing with CL and FB people, the will you takes and the never showed ups get tiring. Wonder if a local used tire place might be interested in them?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
$100/ea seems pretty average for the going rate for used tires in that size... the good news is that 265/70/17 is used on TONS of vehicles (one of the reasons it was chosen for the Grenadier)

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I couldn't get any money for mine unless i went on craigslist. Good news is that i decided to get a pair of steel rims and keep the KO2's on the steel rims for when going off the beaten track, and keep my alloy rims for when i'm in the city...

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have some used tire place in town, but I don’t see where they say that they’ll buy tires? Do they just buy in bulk from somewhere, or are they repaired/reman tires?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Side note, what did you think of the tires?

The stock ones? I think they are fine. I only got them because I knew I wanted bigger tires and why pay almost $1k more for the K02s. The ride fine. Had it up in the mountains in mud and rocks and they did OK. Not sure on snow, yet. Though Denver hasn’t had a lot in the past few years. Wet has been OK, but we don’t get much rain- and the roads can be slick when it does. I think they look OK on the IG, kind of ‘old school’, not quite over landing/pizza-cutter, but not obnoxious overdone Jeep Rubi.
You can just look at the tread know it doesn’t handle mud/rock as well as real off road tires.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They did not miss a beat on this trail!

Attachments

• IMG_20240618_163003.jpg
    IMG_20240618_163003.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The stock ones? I think they are fine. I only got them because I knew I wanted bigger tires and why pay almost $1k more for the K02s. The ride fine. Had it up in the mountains in mud and rocks and they did OK. Not sure on snow, yet. Though Denver hasn’t had a lot in the past few years. Wet has been OK, but we don’t get much rain- and the roads can be slick when it does. I think they look OK on the IG, kind of ‘old school’, not quite over landing/pizza-cutter, but not obnoxious overdone Jeep Rubi.
You can just look at the tread know it doesn’t handle mud/rock as well as real off road tires.
They are coming in my QM. I will be switching rims and tires will be geolanders. Wondered what you thought.

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:40 PM
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve seen a discussion of the stock Bridgestones on the forum, which is what I have with over 12,000 miles. My thought was to “upgrade” at 30,000-35,000 miles, and I have read all of the comments about size, brands, etc. On my prior 4WD Sprinter, and two Tundras before that, I have had about six sets of KO2s, and I’m a fan. But after my very positive experience with the Bridgestones, at this point I will likely order another set of them when they wear down. Kind of in the “due no harm” category. With 95%+ of my driving on the road, I don’t want to risk a rougher ride with some of the more aggressive all terrain tires. The Bridgestones have served me fine on some 4WD only trails, in the deep snow (which was only a few days, not a season), and pounding rain.

Back
Top Bottom