The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Station wagon vs. commercial versions

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:22 AM
Reaction score
> replacing the rear side windows with sheet metal
Doesn't change the registration. Commercial registration is then still valid.

> or removing the rear seat and seat belts.
Doesn't change the registration. Commercial registration is then still valid.

> They could just as easily register their vehicle as a passenger car.
As I have shown above: They have no influence on the type of registration.
Stu has once again summarised rules of conduct for us in the forum. I can only support these and of course behave in the same way.

Emax, you have your opinion, which I respect, and I have my experience, which I have been happy to pass on to this forum so far.
In forums, including here, there are opinions that are not based on facts, but are formed from various sources of information. Sometimes things are not presented or interpreted correctly due to lack of knowledge.
Please excuse me for saying this, but your way of phrasing comes across to me as very lecturing. Comparable to a cashier in a supermarket who is told that she has to weigh the strawberries packed in a plastic bowl without the packaging, with the teaching "never heard of tara?". I wonder what type of person would do that?

However, since everyone here is reading along, I would like to make it clear that there are indeed vehicles that, due to their type of construction, can be registered both as commercial vehicles and as passenger cars in the vehicle documents. Corresponding modifications must be made to the vehicles and approved by a technical inspection agency. Accordingly, the different taxation takes place.

I will end the discussion on this topic herewith and in the future will present things objectively based on personal experience and knowledge, as I have done in the past. All other statements are my personal opinions, just as you have yours.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:22 PM
Reaction score
I apologize if my answer came across that way.

However, I had provided a source, namely the ADAC, which can undoubtedly be considered a competent source for the topic. In a case like this, when I receive a response that seem to simply ignore a well-researched fact or don't even relate to the answer in the slightest, I keep my answer brief as I don't want to bore or intrude on anyone.

You correctly noted that this was such a response, but it was for a reason.

It is nothing personal, but just a viable way for me to control my anger and remain factual. And I would like to keep it that way in the future, because it is simply correct from my point of view.

Back
Top Bottom