The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sporadic Single Click (warning sound) - any ideas?

Simon Thompson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:28 PM
Reaction score
I recently took ownership of an INEOS Grenadier. I am experiencing sporadic and random single clicks (warning sound) and cannot determine the reason. I have the Over Speed warning on the FAV button so disable every time I start up. Plus the PDC and Input Sound are off. It is not the obvious lane departure without a turn signal activated as these primarily occur while dead straight ahead or turning left or right (with turn signal activated).
Anyone have any ideas on what to try next?
With thanks in advance,
Simon Thompson

Local time
7:28 PM
Reaction score
Check settings/ vehicle functions/ speed warning, and make sure it's off. Setting it to 0 resolved my issue as it clicked each time I reached X MPH.

4x4Brick #1561

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:28 PM
Reaction score
Likely the speed change warning. Button is right below the Over Speed button. Clicks every time the ADAS camera reads a new speed sign is read. Which in a big city or driving on local roads is often.

staitleman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:28 PM
Reaction score
I had this happen this morning, first time on road I often travel. I just held in the mute button and after a restart of the car it stopped.

Local time
Reaction score
I have the same issue since a few days. It is NOT the speed warning, which double klicks four times and which we all now is a nuisance which needs to be solved by INEOS ASAP.
The issue which Simon describes is one single click, from time to time, although ADAS and overspeed are switched off. I think it may come when the vehicle does minimal shaking (potholes?) or in very slight turns (2 degrees roll). Perhaps the clicker gets voltage from a neighboring cable, or some software interacts unexpectedly.
I will be at the dealer in two weeks to get this checked, and it MUST be solved because it gets very annoying!!!

Local time
2:28 AM
Reaction score
I get it when moving from one speed zone to another even if ADAS clicks are switched off.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I get it when moving from one speed zone to another even if ADAS clicks are switched off.
There’s another toggle to eliminate that. Good thing is it remembers your choice.

Local time
Reaction score
Krabby is right.
Solved the single click issue (sort of…).

It stops when I deactivate “speed change info”. Apparently, the car thinks there is a new speed limit and hallucinates a bit, perhaps gets wrong info from the camera or from GPS about a speed limit. I switched it off, and fortunately it keeps it off.

Back
Top Bottom