The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Software update- does it affect Android auto?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:52 AM
Reaction score
Wireless Android Auto is standard on NAS MY24 vehicles
Ineos would appear to be installing a wifi dongle for wireless Android as part of the US spec. build . My wife's 2019 Subaru Impreza 'Sport' was similarly equipped as a standard inclusion.

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if this a hardware upgrade in the MY24 cars, and if a head unit upgrade could be available to, enable it in the MY23 cars
Yep, who knows. The right angle cable arrived yesterday, already sits easier inside cubby. Might be easier to just run it out to phone holder.

Tony

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:52 PM
Reaction score
Very useful discussion thread. I received my Trialmaster in May 2023 and find it frustrating to have to usb connect my Galaxy S22 android phone. Also have the issue of half way through calls of the recipient not hearing me even though I can hear them. Can any one confirm whether there is a softare update that eliminates these issues?

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Very useful discussion thread. I received my Trialmaster in May 2023 and find it frustrating to have to usb connect my Galaxy S22 android phone. Also have the issue of half way through calls of the recipient not hearing me even though I can hear them. Can any one confirm whether there is a softare update that eliminates these issues?
Not that I've seen. Mine is pretty up to date. I put an Android wireless adapter into the centre console box. Works well enough now.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would recommend a wireless adaptor in the centre box, gets rid of the need for USB connection cable. I'm impressed with mine, no issues with it (to date) and they are cheap (£40 - £60) and readily available on Amazon.

Tony

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would recommend a wireless adaptor in the centre box, gets rid of the need for USB connection cable. I'm impressed with mine, no issues with it (to date) and they are cheap (£40 - £60) and readily available on Amazon.
Thanks. Just ordered a wireless adapter.

Local time
Reaction score
It was supposed to be standard wired Android in the US too but it's wireless after all. If it's a software thing there's a chance the earlier trucks can ditch the wires after an update.
only Apple is wireless

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:52 AM
Reaction score
I have wireless android auto in mine. Worked right out of the box from the factory. I have a Google pixel 8 pro phone. MY24, just picked it up in May in the US.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
I have wireless android auto in mine. Worked right out of the box from the factory. I have a Google pixel 8 pro phone. MY24, just picked it up in May in the US.
MY 2023/non NAS trucks only have Apple CarPlay wireless from the factory. I believe that is no longer the case.

weeman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not that I've seen. Mine is pretty up to date. I put an Android wireless adapter into the centre console box. Works well enough now.

Which wireless adapter did you use? I'm deciding between this option or using an older phone permanently left in the car just for Android Auto.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Which wireless adapter did you use? I'm deciding between this option or using an older phone permanently left in the car just for Android Auto.
I used this
Screenshot_20240616-132028.jpg
£45 in UK money

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
i Eric
But does the sat nav still cut out when a text or whatsApp comes in ? This drives me mad

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
i Eric
But does the sat nav still cut out when a text or whatsApp comes in ? This drives me mad
Now that's interesting, I've never had a text or WhatsApp while using the phones statnav. Being retired and a social recluse, nobody ever talks to me. Ah remembered I've had the odd WhatsApp but it has never dropped out.

Back
Top Bottom