The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So you think your taxes are high?

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:18 PM
Reaction score
If you buy a new IG in France, the environmental tax is an additional €40,000.

Sounds high, maybe not.

In Denmark you would pay 160% of the vehicle's value.
Singapore, as well as the circa €100k for a 10 year vehicle permit, the tax is 320% of the vehicle value.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:18 PM
Reaction score
Sounds high, maybe not.
So what do you want to tell us? That there is still some room for the fiscal authorities in our countries to squeeze more money out of us?

When criminals charge a 160% or 320% taxes on a car, that is not a legitimate measure at all. It is, in my opinion, simply criminal.

With the alleged cover of legitimacy through laws.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score
If you buy a new IG in France, the environmental tax is an additional €40,000.

Sounds high, maybe not.

In Denmark you would pay 160% of the vehicle's value.
Singapore, as well as the circa €100k for a 10 year vehicle permit, the tax is 320% of the vehicle value.
So the correlation is... The smaller the geographic area of a country, the higher the tax rate on vehicles? 😁

Or as our German friend implies... If you're a car guy don't be poor?

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Either don't be poor or drive a cheap little car.
I doubt if you can even buy one of these horrible things in the US

Screenshot_20240927-153533.png

Local time
11:18 AM
Reaction score
So what do you want to tell us? That there is still some room for the fiscal authorities in our countries to squeeze more money out of us?

When criminals charge a 160% or 320% taxes on a car, that is not a legitimate measure at all. It is, in my opinion, simply criminal.

With the alleged cover of legitimacy through laws.

Welcome to the "You'll own nothing and like it" plan of globalists. Coming to your country (no matter where you live) soon the way things are going...

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The problem I have with all this stuff is the less you have the more it affects you. And it gets harder and harder to make a success of yourself each year. If you are part of the elite it all seems great, for everyone else its a nightmare.

Local time
12:18 PM
Reaction score
The problem I have with all this stuff is the less you have the more it affects you. And it gets harder and harder to make a success of yourself each year. If you are part of the elite it all seems great, for everyone else its a nightmare.
Rebuilding the aristocracy by limiting a dynamic economy and competitive upward mobility. That's kinda the Elon "Muskovites" the plan. Trickle Down economics at its endpoint.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:18 AM
Reaction score
There's virtually no need to drive in Singapore.
Until it rains. And all taxis are full + there is a line to the MRT. And you just shopped groceries.
Lived there for 7 years. I had no car but you'd be surprised how often i thought about getting one despite the $300K price tag for a camry.

Back
Top Bottom