The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:18 PM
Reaction score
Are we keeping track of last comms and how many days until we have a verified customer drive away? What country do we think we take the honors?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:18 AM
Reaction score
Are we keeping track of last comms and how many days until we have a verified customer drive away? What country do we think we take the honors?
Hard way home guy has had his for ages.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hard way home guy has had his for ages.
So that long hey haha! Damn. Well, good news, I am still waiting. I think with the big old portal error and their dodgy website crashing all day long as reservation release, I'm somewhere in the middle of the pack maybe... March build - waiting for update on new build month!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
So the three Hard Way Home winners don't count?
No they were hand picked (y) i think the OP was talking about us mere mortals (and footballers):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Big C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I received an email from INEOS on Wednesday asking for full payment, which i duly arranged.. Local dealer confirmed receipt, but hasnt been told by INEOS when he can release the vehicle.. sort of hurry up and wait..

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I received an email from INEOS on Wednesday asking for full payment, which i duly arranged.. Local dealer confirmed receipt, but hasnt been told by INEOS when he can release the vehicle.. sort of hurry up and wait..
Itā€™ll need its dial in from IA to flash the ecu and two pipes changing. Brake and steering apparently.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Progress definitely. Just curious but has your agent completed all of the outstanding ā€œrecallā€ work required on your vehicle, if indeed it needs any? Have read on fb of folks whoā€™ve paid same as you but the agent canā€™t release as they are waiting on parts and software update from IA.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
I decided to leave the country for two weeks to give Ineos the opportunity to sort everything out. End of April I am on a conference in the city where my dealer is.
Some months ago I made jokes that I would possibly collect the car than. Now itā€™s not a joke anymore but a hope šŸ˜‚

Big C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Progress definitely. Just curious but has your agent completed all of the outstanding ā€œrecallā€ work required on your vehicle, if indeed it needs any? Have read on fb of folks whoā€™ve paid same as you but the agent canā€™t release as they are waiting on parts and software update from IA.
he says its pretty much ready to go.. IA have carried out the software upgrades.. its just sat there waiting for IA to give him permission to release it

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Itā€™ll need its dial in from IA to flash the ecu and two pipes changing. Brake and steering apparently.
has IA or the agent been anymore specific on why the hoses/pipes are having to be changed?

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
he says its pretty much ready to go.. IA have carried out the software upgrades.. its just sat there waiting for IA to give him permission to release it
Perhaps IA want to get critical mass for a big day of handovers. Call it G Day and leverage the pr. I aiming for mid April but wont be unhappy if I get it offered earlier.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As I understand:
1. The software update has been finalised and is now available
2. It is only certain vehicles following inspection that might require either or both a change of steering hose or brake pipe
3. If you had specified a towball, it might require to be replaced
4. It is possible not all accessories ordered are immediately available to be fitted to the vehicle
5. Pre delivery inspection to be carried out

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
has IA or the agent been anymore specific on why the hoses/pipes are having to be changed?
ā€œQuality controlā€ was the main take away. The bits are in free supply and I didnā€™t get the impression itā€™ll be weeks, more like next week. Still this is Ineos, so anything is possible.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
Perhaps IA want to get critical mass for a big day of handovers. Call it G Day and leverage the pr. I aiming for mid April but wont be unhappy if I get it offered earlier.
Never! Thereā€™s no way they created this mess as a marketing scoop. They are just incompetent or had bad luck. But they will not be crazy.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As I understand:
1. The software update has been finalised and is now available
2. It is only certain vehicles following inspection that might require either or both a change of steering hose or brake pipe
3. If you had specified a towball, it might require to be replaced
4. It is possible not all accessories ordered are immediately available to be fitted to the vehicle
5. Pre delivery inspection to be carried out
Regarding your point 2. This could be the December build vehicles. My vin ends 680 and was built towards the end of week 2 in December and I need both pipes.

Back
Top Bottom