The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your mods.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
no glow ring around ignition.
I usually hold the key in my palm with the blade extended and my index finger parallel to it . Using my index i find the slot and guide it in . You get used to it . Muscle memory.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
One of the minor, but lovable, quirks of the Grenny is how shrouded in gloom the ingnition is. As soon as the light drops, I find myself squinting through the steering wheel to get the key in the hole. I bought a tiny keyring torch, which helps when it gets very dark, but I wondered if anyone had found a more elegant solution?
Close your eyes
Always easier to get it in the hole with eyes closed.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
Close your eyes
Always easier to get it in the hole with eyes closed.
He's not wrong....

You have to visualize successful entry. You must know that you'll succeed in order to succeed

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Adam Sandler Golf GIF

21DFND

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I used 2 captive nuts that are mount on a clip. Removed the rear door rubber seal, pushed the clips onto the roof lining and poked the holes through with a small screw driver. mounted the Led light strip on its end mounts with M6 bolts. Run the cable down along the inside of the door rubber seal to the bottom were I had power accessories plate mounted on my draw system. power feed from the second battery as the interior lights do turn off after a little while.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I used 2 captive nuts that are mount on a clip. Removed the rear door rubber seal, pushed the clips onto the roof lining and poked the holes through with a small screw driver. mounted the Led light strip on its end mounts with M6 bolts. Run the cable down along the inside of the door rubber seal to the bottom were I had power accessories plate mounted on my draw system. power feed from the second battery as the interior lights do turn off after a little while.
Thank you much aplreciated . Will have a look also . Whats the brand name of the light please ? Had a look around but could not find it . Mind posting a link to it ?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No glowy ring around barrel?
I remember on some of the late 80's cars they had a small clear LED in the key and you pressed the button (there was only one) and it would glow up showing where your door lock/steering ignition was. Old and hardly anyone changed the small battery but twas a simpler time!

21DFND

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you much aplreciated . Will have a look also . Whats the brand name of the light please ? Had a look around but could not find it . Mind posting a link to it ?
Allspark 30cm LED dual color white / Red

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I have stuck an arrow of glow in the dark tape next to it. I figure if I carry a torch I can get it to work, then the key will slip in as smooth as a gravy sandwuch.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Watch out Skippy… a bit more reach with the lighting.

IMG_1011.jpeg
IMG_1010.jpeg

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:46 AM
Reaction score
I remember on some of the late 80's cars they had a small clear LED in the key and you pressed the button (there was only one) and it would glow up showing where your door lock/steering ignition was. Old and hardly anyone changed the small battery but twas a simpler time!
1698298601066.jpeg

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
just bought one, thanks chaps.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just had this epiphany... isn't the interior light on when you're trying to put the key in??

Back
Top Bottom