The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Seat Back Pocket Discovery

mes

Local time
12:29 PM
Reaction score
Hey everyone, first post here. Please let me know if this is common knowledge and I will remove this post.

Ever since picking up my Trialmaster a month ago, my wife and kid have been complaining about not having a seat back pocket.
They often use it for books and random stuff.

I see that some brands have come up with seat covers that integrate a rear pocket, but as car designer, I can't stand the look of car seat covers. Just really cheapens the look.

After looking at the IG seat panel, It did look very familiar. We did have a 2019 BMW X1 for 2 years and I remember it looking exactly like the IG seat back panel.

My Mother in Law actually owns one and I compared the dimensions. The seat back panels for the front seats on a 2019 BMW X1 are identical to the ones on the Grenadier except the BMW has a bungee mesh pockets.

I wanted to remove the IG panels to see if they mount the same, but judging by all the used Bmw panels available on eBay, it's easy to break off clips and tabs.

I attached images comparing the IG and X1 Panels. The mesh pocket area seems to be not removable.

Has anyone else noticed this?

BMW Part number 52-10-7-372-296

Now to order a test panel...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 1.20.57 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 1.20.57 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 148
  • Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 1.21.26 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 1.21.26 AM.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 148
  • Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 12.32.20 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 12.32.20 AM.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 146

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:29 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone, first post here. Please let me know if this is common knowledge and I will remove this post.

Ever since picking up my Trialmaster a month ago, my wife and kid have been complaining about not having a seat back pocket.

I see that some brands have come up with seat covers that integrate a rear pocket, but as car designer, I can't stand the look of car seat covers. Just really cheapens the look.

After looking at the IG seat panel, It did look very familiar. We did have a 2019 BMW X1 for 2 years and I remember it looking exactly like the IG seat back panel.

My Mother in Law actually owns one and I compared the dimensions. The seat back panels for the front seats on a 2019 BMW X1 are identical to the ones on the Grenadier except the BMW has a bungee mesh pockets.

I wanted to remove the IG panels to see if they mount the same, but judging by all the used Bmw panels available on eBay, it's easy to break off clips and tabs.

I attached images comparing the IG and X1 Panels. The mesh pocket area seems to be not removable.

I look forward to hearing how you go with this.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
Interesting, as the seats are Recaro in the IG.

Does this mean that the BMW seats are also done by Recaro, or is Recaro using BMW parts ??

Or is this some sort of generic panel from a third party supplier that any seat manufacturer can purchase.

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:29 PM
Reaction score
Interesting, as the seats are Recaro in the IG.

Does this mean that the BMW seats are also done by Recaro, or is Recaro using BMW parts ??

Or is this some sort of generic panel from a third party supplier that any seat manufacturer can purchase.
I think I read in the reports of Recaro going bust that they do supply BMW with their seats

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:29 PM
Reaction score

I bet those pieces are glued on to the back of the seat. The thing to keep in mind is most of us use or will use seat covers. Many of the covers have rear pockets integrated.

I do like the option of having a mesh pocket that would go under my covers.

Quartermaster

Quatermaster Owner
Local time
9:29 PM
Reaction score

Thank you for sharing. There seem to be two different versions according to this site:

Possibly 52107351931 is the right number?

Austin-TX-Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:29 PM
Reaction score

What did you ultimately decide to do for the back panels? Did you order a test one online to see if it fits your IG?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:29 PM
Reaction score
Just rip the Gren seat out and replace with a Ford Ranger seat - comfortable, practical, better.

Back
Top Bottom