The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

safe xtract x lock in Europe?

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Hi guys, I'm looking for a safe xtract x-lock but they aren't available in Germany or, as far as I can see, in the UK either. The guys in Australia have organized a group purchase. I don't know what happened to it. I would be very interested. Unfortunately, I probably won't be coming to the US any time soon. I'm looking for the https://www.safe-xtract.com/product...-recovery-hardware-rated-for-up-to-20000-lbs/ . Any ideas? Thx Barney

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
2:24 AM
Reaction score
@Barney I can price this up if people want. If it’s a group buy then I need someone willing to handle the euro forwarding part.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes thanks, that's a fantastic offer. I could take over the shipments for Germany. So, dear Grenadier drivers with a winch and the desire for a simple and safe way to shorten a rope extension. Who would like that?

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Count me in for one unit.

Michael Brindley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
I ordered direct off website for delivery to uk,postage wasnt expensive or import duty not like ordering underseat bags from europe.

Akbs #01555

1. Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am also interesting and want to buy one piece

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello everyone. So far, I have only received the answer that they will look into it, even after asking twice. But I haven't heard anything yet. I'll keep at it.
Pity I didn't see the possibility to participate to the "group order", I was on holidays then, and didn't check the forum that often. Because I am also interested. Anyway, not urgent now, next holiday will be much later this year :)

Michael Brindley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
Cost me $148.00 for X Lock and $55.00 postage.Was delivered within 3 weeks.direct off Safe Xtract website.
I missed first group buy and from the response to that(think it was 4)didnt think there would be another.Wouldnt you think somebody like Red Winches or other suppliers would supply something alternative.Red only do fiddle block which was very expensive.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Schade, dass ich die Möglichkeit, an der "Gruppenbestellung" teilzunehmen, nicht gesehen habe, ich war damals im Urlaub und habe das Forum nicht so oft überprüft. Weil ich auch interessiert bin. Wie auch immer, jetzt nicht dringend, der nächste Feiertag wird viel später in diesem Jahr sein :)
Are you still interisted? I Did not ordered finally

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The purchase directly from ASR Offroad in the USA finally worked. I paid 122.62 euros in customs for the 3 pieces I ordered and 155.53 euros per piece for the medium size. It came with UPS, which was a bit difficult with the delivery. I wasn't at home and a change of address was somehow not possible. I'm happy with it. Regards, Barney

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are you still interisted? I Did not ordered finally
I don't know why, but I missed your message. Well, I know why ... was doing a lot of things at home, because I had my hip surgery some days later, anyway ...

Last Sunday I was again googling the X-Lock stuff, as I really wanted it for my next trip.
I need the "X-Lock 20000" version because my extension line is 3/8-inch (10mm) diameter and rated 15000 pounds (6800 kg).

No dealer in Europe yet. Therefore, I decided to send a message through the contact page on the website of Safe-Xtract. It was … Sunday!
I got almost immediately a response: "We do ship internationally so we should be able to ship product to you."

I asked a quote for the shipping, and the same Sunday I got it: USD $64.58
They were so fast in answering that I decided to place my order, and it was shipped on Monday.

UPS was the carrier, and I had to pay import taxes + brokerage of 38.21 €.
Total price to get my X-Lock was therefore about 240 €.

We are Friday, and I got my stuff!
20240816_122238.jpg

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great that it worked so well and so quickly for you. I hope that if you got a new hip joint, you are happy with it. And that you can get back into your Grenadier. Take care

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great that it worked so well and so quickly for you. I hope that if you got a new hip joint, you are happy with it. And that you can get back into your Grenadier. Take care
I already got my surgery on July 16 and I am already driving and walking and using my bicycle, but still limping a little bit and some pain.

Back
Top Bottom