The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Roof rack from Leitner Designs coming soon

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:34 AM
Reaction score
I’m gaining courage m… hahah. The thing is I need to bundle this with about $5k of other upgrades. One bit at a time or big bang is the real question.

Leitner rack
Agile offroad ARB under seat compressor
Goose Gear drawer
Baja designs driving lamps
Victron 2000w inverter

Etc etc :)
Make sure you add the Leitner chase light bracket to the list with the Baja Deisgns lights. Mine are on the way and just need to figure out how to get the wiring to AUX 3 EXT in the engine compartment. Saving the 25 amp for lights on the bumper when CA Tuned can actually deliver a price and a product.

1719373467793.jpg

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:34 AM
Reaction score
Make sure you add the Leitner chase light bracket to the list with the Baja Deisgns lights. Mine are on the way and just need to figure out how to get the wiring to AUX 3 EXT in the engine compartment. Saving the 25 amp for lights on the bumper when CA Tuned can actually deliver a price and a product.

View attachment 7861318
‘Common… the list has been extended!

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So figured this question was going to eventually be asked so - answering it now - the overall height in a stock Trialmaster with the BFG KO2’s and alloy wheels is 82.5” or 6”10.5” with the Leitner rack installed for you math wizards. Tires are at 42 in the front and 44 in the back - cold.

Hope this helps you guys make the right decision for your application!

PS - is someone can find a good winch bumper in the US with ROO Guard that can actually hit an animal and be able to drive home - please let me know!

1719375346472.jpeg

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Great job on the install. Question. How much height did this add to the vehicle? Looks pretty darn low, which is nice. Thanks and congratulations on the good looking (and practical) choice.
Forgot the weight question in my original response - so I could easily carry the entire rack, less the brackets by myself vertically. My son and I had to lift the rack onto the vehicle but it was an easy2 person job - with 4 hands. I’d guess - 50-60 lbs and then you have the brackets. They are solid aluminum so not a huge weight but mounted before you put on the rack. Better answer is - in the box with all the hardware and brackets - I could rather easily pick up the box and move it around. UPS had the entire rack at 86 lbs with boxes, packaging, etc.

1719378938110.jpg

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Rack ordered. I need to up my workout game for the delivery.

It seems the part of the roof underneath the rack will be inaccessible when the rack is installed. Please share your roof prep tips. Did you apply a ceramic coating or similar prep?

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:34 AM
Reaction score

It seems the part of the roof underneath the rack will be inaccessible when the rack is installed. Please share your roof prep tips. Did you apply a ceramic coating or similar prep?
Hi gramin, I had my whole roof done in
XPEL Stealth 7.5 mills ppf, which has a satin/mat finish. 10 year warranty / Self Healing
You can also get it in gloss. I liked the satin for something different.
Here's a link I posted with photos previously on the forum.
DaBull
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/show-us-your-wrap-and-window-tints.12415285/

Tjhappel

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
What is your job title there sir (at Leitner). Greet write ups, ty
I feel like I am on a salesjob for Leitner but I really appreciate quality and design. This blows everything away and the light brackets are the most robust and best engineered I have ever seen. Nobody builds this anymore and it’s great to see a US company willing to build quality products in the US for the people that appreciate quality.

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Unusual that there is no discussion regarding their new FULL size rack. I am on the list for one of those.

I'm all ears! Before I order their 3/4 length rack I'd love to see/hear more speculation about what their full length rack looks like. e.g. safari window compatibility (removable load panels?), or as @grnamin said... a full extension to their 3/4 product?

Anyone got prototype pics?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm all ears! Before I order their 3/4 length rack I'd love to see/hear more speculation about what their full length rack looks like. e.g. safari window compatibility (removable load panels?), or as @grnamin said... a full extension to their 3/4 product?

Anyone got prototype pics?
They posted photos and a video a week or two ago on Facebook...

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What is your job title there sir (at Leitner). Greet write ups, ty
Day job is nothing close to this, but just trying to help the community and the people that make good products. IMO - if you own an IG you already appreciate the quality of the vehicle and just very happy that there are people and companies supporting the people that bought and own the vehicles with the same level of appreciation for quality and craftsmanship.

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I did XPEL on the front of the IG and along the roof line, but I did not do anything on the roof itself. The rack doesn’t really impede the draining or water flow so not honestly that worried about it.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
2.5 inches on maximum. So the rack fits just on top of the roof tracks so the total height gain is really just the rack. Leiner did an AMAZING job of not letting it rest on the tracks but literally a couple MM above unloaded rack. It might touch the tracks if you loaded it but no question the least overall height increase of any rack on the market and the most robust. No offense to the guys with the factory installed Rhino racks but the gutter mounts and 6” of height increase is no comparison to the Leitner.
The factory Rhino Rack is only 3.25” higher than the roof line, measured at the center-rear of my roof. It really comes down to personal choices, but the full-length side piece (one-piece across all four feet) eliminates flex at the gutter. No issues with this mounting at all.

Back
Top Bottom