The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Roof rack from Leitner Designs coming soon

Rich s

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:18 PM
Reaction score
I installed the Leitner 3/4 roof rack a couple of months ago (along with the wind reduction strip) and I could not be happier with the decision. The roof rack not only looks great on the Grenadier, but it made of the highest quality materials. I have had no wind noise issues and it is a great addition to the Grenadier.

bradb622

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Mine’s sitting half out the box in the garage and part of me wants to fake a sickness to install it tomorrow. Even without having built it, I’m impressed by the quality and design.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Just installed the load bars waiting for a tent. Very easy install and looks super stout. Wish the bars were a bit longer though, maybe 3 inches a side so 6 inches longer in total. Would allow for more placement options etc.

Attachments

• IMG_6183.jpeg
    IMG_6183.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 136

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
It’s a terrific piece of equipment. You’re going to love it.
+1 - couldn’t recommend it more. Bonus is the professionalism and enthusiasm of the Leitner team.

Suggest purchasing additional Traklok bolt kit or two as they’re the easiest way to secure future accessories.

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:18 PM
Reaction score
Guys - I just installed the Leitner rack this weekend along with the light brackets for the rack as well as the chase light brackets. The rack is absolutely top notch and the quality is amazing. The rack is VERY well designed and actually only increase the overall height of the vehicle by 2-3” so it is by far the best rack if you are trying to manage the overall height of the vehicle.

Headoutside

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
Guys - I just installed the Leitner rack this weekend along with the light brackets for the rack as well as the chase light brackets. The rack is absolutely top notch and the quality is amazing. The rack is VERY well designed and actually only increase the overall height of the vehicle by 2-3” so it is by far the best rack if you are trying to manage the overall height of the vehicle.
Cost of the rack and mounting hardware(not including the light bracket accessories)?

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered directly from Leitner. They have a page dedicated to the IG. $1,550 for the rack and no tax or shipping if you are out of CA. The light mounts are $36 for the ones on the rack and the ones for the chase lights are $70. I order the KC C2 lights and they fit and work very well. I would 100% recommend this solution to anyone that needs a good quality rack. Leitner also sells extra cross bars for the roof so you can make it a solid platform if you wanted to, but it would be another $500 or so.

Pictures pasted below. NOW - they accidentally sent me a couple more roof mounting brackets so I installed them before I was told that I didn’t need them. Leitner did ask me to send them back, but when I told them I already installed them they were awesome and told me just to keep them.

IMG_0099.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0098.jpeg
    IMG_0098.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Headoutside

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
I ordered directly from Leitner. They have a page dedicated to the IG. $1,550 for the rack and no tax or shipping if you are out of CA. The light mounts are $36 for the ones on the rack and the ones for the chase lights are $70. I order the KC C2 lights and they fit and work very well. I would 100% recommend this solution to anyone that needs a good quality rack. Leitner also sells extra cross bars for the roof so you can make it a solid platform if you wanted to, but it would be another $500 or so.

Pictures pasted below. NOW - they accidentally sent me a couple more roof mounting brackets so I installed them before I was told that I didn’t need them. Leitner did ask me to send them back, but when I told them I already installed them they were awesome and told me just to keep them.

View attachment 7861194
Looks great- thx for the info!

Reactions: PBD

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Nobody has asked yet, but I am going to provide my feedback on wind noise as that is a routine question about roof racks. The answer is virtually nothing in the context of an IG. Now - I do have the safari windows so the wind noise is elevated to begin with but under 60 mph I can’t really tell a difference an over that sleep maybe there is a little more noise but I would not say it is materially increase at all. I did buy a couple of the extra wire lock guides to cover some of the mounting rails. One is included with the ACS rack that is supposed to be installed on the front bottom. I installed the extra ones on the top and sides so that may have also helped.

Last edited:

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7861194
Great job on the install. Question. How much height did this add to the vehicle? Looks pretty darn low, which is nice. Thanks and congratulations on the good looking (and practical) choice.

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
2.5 inches on maximum. So the rack fits just on top of the roof tracks so the total height gain is really just the rack. Leiner did an AMAZING job of not letting it rest on the tracks but literally a couple MM above unloaded rack. It might touch the tracks if you loaded it but no question the least overall height increase of any rack on the market and the most robust. No offense to the guys with the factory installed Rhino racks but the gutter mounts and 6” of height increase is no comparison to the Leitner.

Attachments

• IMG_2505.jpeg
    IMG_2505.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2504.jpeg
    IMG_2504.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2503.jpeg
    IMG_2503.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2502.jpeg
    IMG_2502.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2501.jpeg
    IMG_2501.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2507.jpeg
    IMG_2507.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2506.jpeg
    IMG_2506.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 70

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I feel like I am on a salesjob for Leitner but I really appreciate quality and design. This blows everything away and the light brackets are the most robust and best engineered I have ever seen. Nobody builds this anymore and it’s great to see a US company willing to build quality products in the US for the people that appreciate quality.

Attachments

• IMG_2510.jpeg
    IMG_2510.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2509.jpeg
    IMG_2509.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2508.jpeg
    IMG_2508.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 71

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
+1 - couldn’t recommend it more. Bonus is the professionalism and enthusiasm of the Leitner team.

Suggest purchasing additional Traklok bolt kit or two as they’re the easiest way to secure future accessories.
The Traklok system is also amazing. I am not sure exactly what I am going to mount and when but I did buy a couple of the bolts just to be ready when I want to do whatever I decide to do.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m coming dangerously close to preparing my justification statement to my wife on why I ordered a Leitner rack :) Leitner is the way to go. Maybe 30 days out. Need to pay the current credit card bill that has some other accessories on it like Engle fridge slide…..

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m coming dangerously close to preparing my justification statement to my wife on why I ordered a Leitner rack :) Leitner is the way to go. Maybe 30 days out. Need to pay the current credit card bill that has some other accessories on it like Engle fridge slide…..
The old adage applies...
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission. :LOL:

LWA55DAL

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
FWIW - UPS delivered mine and I got the “what the hell is that?” - followed by the “that actually looks awesome, but do you really need all of the exterior lights mounted to the rack?” - my response “the lights only cost $200 and were a great deal”.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
FWIW - UPS delivered mine and I got the “what the hell is that?” - followed by the “that actually looks awesome, but do you really need all of the exterior lights mounted to the rack?” - my response “the lights only cost $200 and were a great deal”.
I’m gaining courage m… hahah. The thing is I need to bundle this with about $5k of other upgrades. One bit at a time or big bang is the real question.

Leitner rack
Agile offroad ARB under seat compressor
Goose Gear drawer
Baja designs driving lamps
Victron 2000w inverter

Etc etc :)

Back
Top Bottom