The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos Rohny Dahl video incoming

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:13 PM
Reaction score
Last trip in the INEOS. First part of the East Pilbara is below. The Pilbara is one of the most amazing places in the world to visit. Ronny gives Skip a real work out.

View: https://youtu.be/Eed3-ZhZG1U

A favourite image from my trip to the Pilbara, taken at Millstream-Chichester National Park. No it is not photoshopped, just some basic post processing changes. The previous morning I was up on the lookout (roughly top centre of image). I realised the place to be at sunrise was the other side, so I went there the next morning and got this image. I was rather happy it all worked out. 3 images stitched together, using a 20mm tilt/shift lens and a Sony A7R camera.
Pilbara-RAW-2015.jpg

Last edited:

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:13 PM
Reaction score
The AUS NB1 Quartermaster Cab Chassis (base trim) Petrol has a kerb weight of 2,446kg & the Diesel has a kerb weight of 2,527kg both including 90% fuel tank & all other fluids at the correct level.
The total gross weight of both versions is 3,550kg
Higher trim levels do have a higher kerb weight. E.g. Trialmaster with dual battery, tow pack, additional wiring, RAI, KO2 tyres, diff locks, smooth pack, all adds approx. 100kg.
So with load capacity is 1,104 kg & 1,023 kg respectively with 81 litres of fuel.
Most manufacturers either don't include the fuel or don't state if it does or not when they quote a kerb weight.
So if you add a Norweld canopy & tray at 289 kg and the extras for Trialmaster spec at 100 kg that still leaves 700 kg & 625 kg respectively.
Logic says you would add an extended fuel tank at the same time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioBdOioXsV8
Just wondering how he can gets 10 l/100km!? I'd love to have such low figures

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just wondering how he can gets 10 l/100km!? I'd love to have such low figures
I assume you have a diesel.
Just drive to the nearest highway and place yourself behind a truck. Your speed should not exceed 85 km/h and you have to avoid a up-and downhill route.
You will see a consumption between 7.x and 9 litres per 100 km.
From this point you can slowly accelerate toward the desired consumption.
The most important part is to avoid city traffic and any way of driving that includes things like braking…
And of course you should travel hundreds of kilometres in that style.
It’s probably easier in Skandinavien or Australia than in Central Europe.

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I get between 10.3 and 11.3 as an average.

I assume you have a diesel.
Just drive to the nearest highway and place yourself behind a truck. Your speed should not exceed 85 km/h and you have to avoid a up-and downhill route.
You will see a consumption between 7.x and 9 litres per 100 km.
From this point you can slowly accelerate toward the desired consumption.
The most important part is to avoid city traffic and any way of driving that includes things like braking…
And of course you should travel hundreds of kilometres in that style.
It’s probably easier in Skandinavien or Australia than in Central Europe.
Will try that ;)
In 26000 km here is what I have (from list of fuel bills):
- On road 11.5,
- Highway (130 km/h) 15,
- Offroad: 15-20
(diesel + bridgestone 17" steel)

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have not watched this yet. EDIT: it grew on him. It amazes me how many people give the 70 series a free ride. You can only compare the IG and 70 series fitted out, not when you drive put of the showroom, where the IG is more expensive. But when you fit it out the 70 series was more expensive for me, a lot more.

View: https://youtu.be/JRjDhP3Xijg

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
People are happy to pay extra for "good old Toyota reliability" 🥱
My mate told me to avoid the 70 series. He spent 25 years in Toyota Spares and then about 6 years at Kununurra 4x4 workshops. Better to look at the HiLux over the 70 series, for him. I bought the IG.

Back
Top Bottom