The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Retrofit of "exterior utility belt"

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:20 PM
Reaction score
That L track, or the ones from VanEssentials, will need to be cut to length and drilled appropriately. Not everyone is that handy with a piece of metal. Since I am, I was able to cut to length from both ends of the 48"er to line up most of the rail holes with the vehicle's. It was a bit tricky.

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That L track, or the ones from VanEssentials, will need to be cut to length and drilled appropriately. Not everyone is that handy with a piece of metal. Since I am, I was able to cut to length from both ends of the 48"er to line up most of the rail holes with the vehicle's. It was a bit tricky.
Yes.
You have to measure the hole spacing VERY carefully, keep in mind that the openings in an L-track are on the 2" pattern (which INEOS follows), use 1/4" drill bit (to allow a bit of a wiggle room for 6-mm, 25mm-long, cone head Allen screws), and 5/8" 82-degree countersink bit to make room for the screw heads (or 90-degree, depending on the screws you have).
Also remember that if/since you don't have INEOS endpieces, you have to cut the L-track to the end of the opening in the plastic insert - these cuts will not align with the L-track hole pattern.

Grenji

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:20 PM
Reaction score
Here is the quote I received a few weeks ago from my local dealer. I opted that it was not worth it and this thread has been great for other solutions.
Rear Utility rails X2 with screws $699.00, installation extra all are plus tax.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
Had anybody found a source for the very narrow L track who will ship to Europe?

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had my dealer order the utility belts as a spare part for me. Not cheap, but you got to do what you got to go...

Claude

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:20 AM
Reaction score
at my first annual inspection, I had my dealer install the left and right large section of the utility belts, as I did not order these initially; not exactly cheap (about 500€ for both)

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here is the quote I received a few weeks ago from my local dealer. I opted that it was not worth it and this thread has been great for other solutions.
Rear Utility rails X2 with screws $699.00, installation extra all are plus tax.
Well... I guess the dealers must make their money somewhere, but this is insane. The rails themselves are less than a hundred, nothing particularly special about the screws, etc.

IanP

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:20 PM
Reaction score
These are available from Black Sheep Innovations Australia..

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
These are available from Black Sheep Innovations Australia..
Still very pricy, plus import tax and shipping, might as well buy the originals from dealers. Seen loads on AliExpress. Considering all the side steps, camping table are made in China, it wouldn’t surprise me that all these come from China too. It’s just finding the right fitment.

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do you know if the mounting holes match up with the existing captured bolts on the body?
Not all. Few will, in fact.
The attachment points in L-track are on 2" center spacing, and the pre-made track may arrive with different regular screw pattern - none of which matches Grenadier's exactly.

Back
Top Bottom