The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Resale Value Of Your IG:

Kujo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
I bought my Grenadier in Atlanta. The sales manager told me that Ineos was to limit their North American imports to only 10,000 vehicles per year. To increase that number, a manufacturer must also import a certain number of e-vehicles. Ineos has abandoned their plan to bring an e-vehicle to the USA. The 10,000 figure represents the total to both the US and Canada. This should enhance our resale values.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
In Australia resale on a new make like INEOS is not the best timing. We are suffering from high inflation, greatly increased actual cost of living expenses as well as slowing real wages growth and asset growth is barely treading water here.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:27 PM
Reaction score
I bought my Grenadier in Atlanta. The sales manager told me that Ineos was to limit their North American imports to only 10,000 vehicles per year. To increase that number, a manufacturer must also import a certain number of e-vehicles. Ineos has abandoned their plan to bring an e-vehicle to the USA. The 10,000 figure represents the total to both the US and Canada. This should enhance our resale values.
I believe the issue at hand here is that if their CAFE numbers aren't high enough, they have to pay a fine for selling >5,500 vehicles in the US per year (I vaguely remember seeing something that this had something to do with the push to get first deliveries in the US in Q4 '23) as there were well over 5,500 orders (over double that actually) by the time the first units hit the streets here.

With that being said, there are plenty to choose from on dealer lots across the country, so the used resale market is fairly soft (why buy used when you can probably find what you want new); it'll be interesting to see how it plays out through 2025 with the addition of the QM and the special editions arriving

Local time
Reaction score
This isn't a special edition car like a 95 ford gt..

This is a driver not a collector. They are making more and the lots are not empty. In addition, lets say MY26 has improved electronics, and shit like door handles that work (personal beef there) and all the other glitches are solved, but otherwise its the same car. Your resale just dropped.

And on that ford GT investment.

160k new
400k now
160k in the market for 20 years is 1.2m.

New cars are transportation, nothing more. For me to have joy, I just don't want them to go belly up and leave me with scrap steel. It's cool rig and all gravy if we avoid that.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In Australia resale on a new make like INEOS is not the best timing. We are suffering from high inflation, greatly increased actual cost of living expenses as well as slowing real wages growth and asset growth is barely treading water here.
Absolutely, UK has been affected similarly. Albeit, inflation is now under control thanks to Sunak.

C64_forever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
I am not sure I want to think of my IG as an investment... that would mean I have to be careful, drive it safely, avoid nicks, etc. To me, this is a car for the next 15 years, hopefully. A trusty daily driver I can take shooting, camping, light off-roading, etc. I happily let my Boston terrier jump in the car on the driver's side and then make his way to the passenger seat. These are things I would probably not allow on a investment vehicle.
I am not criticizing your point... all I am saying is I probably enjoy this particular car more if I do not worry about the impact on resale value from my daily driving.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am not sure I want to think of my IG as an investment... that would mean I have to be careful, drive it safely, avoid nicks, etc. To me, this is a car for the next 15 years, hopefully. A trusty daily driver I can take shooting, camping, light off-roading, etc. I happily let my Boston terrier jump in the car on the driver's side and then make his way to the passenger seat. These are things I would probably not allow on a investment vehicle.
I am not criticizing your point... all I am saying is I probably enjoy this particular car more if I do not worry about the impact on resale value from my daily driving.
Yes, just use it, like your Commodore with Datasette.:)

Local time
Reaction score
I believe the issue at hand here is that if their CAFE numbers aren't high enough, they have to pay a fine for selling >5,500 vehicles in the US per year (I vaguely remember seeing something that this had something to do with the push to get first deliveries in the US in Q4 '23) as there were well over 5,500 orders (over double that actually) by the time the first units hit the streets here.

With that being said, there are plenty to choose from on dealer lots across the country, so the used resale market is fairly soft (why buy used when you can probably find what you want new); it'll be interesting to see how it plays out through 2025 with the addition of the QM and the special editions arriving
There's also the issue of complying with ACC/ACC II that regulate sales of ZEV vehicles. An increasing portion of vehicles sold into California and ZEV states need to be ZEVs, or credits must be purchased. Over time, the percentages will increase and ability to trade credits go away. The states that follow these rules are about 40% of the US auto market, so it will be a pretty firm restriction.

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I’ve told people the same thing for the last 17 years about my Rolex Submariner and I put the Grenadier in the same category. It’s not an “investment” meant to be used a few times a year and kept pretty, it’s the highest quality tool for what it is, going to be used hard, and I’m going to use it every day, so I “invested” in a good one.

It has knicks, scratches, scrapes, and is not going to win a beauty pageant. Routine maintenance is a bit more expensive than other brands, but it runs well, has never broken down, and looked good doing it the whole time. And because people know its quality and I have taken care of it while using it daily, there is a large used market for it if I ever wanted to sell it. It’s pure luck it’s worth more now with all the scratches than what I paid for it.

I’m fairly certain my 2024 Grenadier won’t sell for what I paid for it, but I think I “invested” in a good one that should last. Time and real world performance will tell if I’m right.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say the Grenadier will be collectible or go up in value because they may limit the imports to 10k per year. It is all about demand, not limited supply. If people want them and can’t get them, that increases prices. We are there for a long time.

Look at the Lotus Emira or Lotus Evora. They sell about 125 to 150 cars per year in the USA. They are super rare. But they never go up in value because the demand isn’t there. Sad, but true. The Lotus is cool as hell! The grenadier is cool as hell, but is anyone going to pull the trigger and buy one? Everyone on this forum, for sure!! We will buy them again and again. But import limitations without mass demand means we are all the cool dudes out there…which is fine with me.

C64_forever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say the Grenadier will be collectible or go up in value because they may limit the imports to 10k per year. It is all about demand, not limited supply. If people want them and can’t get them, that increases prices. We are there for a long time.

Look at the Lotus Emira or Lotus Evora. They sell about 125 to 150 cars per year in the USA. They are super rare. But they never go up in value because the demand isn’t there. Sad, but true. The Lotus is cool as hell! The grenadier is cool as hell, but is anyone going to pull the trigger and buy one? Everyone on this forum, for sure!! We will buy them again and again. But import limitations without mass demand means we are all the cool dudes out there…which is fine with me.
So true about the Emira and the Evora. I sold my Elise last November for $10k more than I paid for it in 2012. No one can say the same about the Evora or the Emira.

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

An investment in well being for me...

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Grenadiers are heavily discounted by dealerships in the UK at the moment as they look to offload old (non-ADAS) stock. A Fieldmaster with rough pack, towbar, side steps and a few little extras is roughly £80k on the configurator but you can buy one brand new off the showroom floor for £65k which means UK residuals are hammered for the time being. As an example, the best deal I can find on a Fieldmaster for sale in the UK is £53,199 for a MY23 with just 3,500 miles on the clock. Hopefully not a long-term trend!

I think local dealers have been landed with a pile of early RHD 'cancelled order' vehicles with some weird and wonderful specs which isn't helping the situation. I guess shipping them to Oz isn't financially viable so they're stuck trying to offload all of them in the UK which would affect the market. The LHD market is much bigger so less of an issue I expect. One thing that destroys the re-sale value (and which dealerships really struggle to sell new) is a Grenadier without a factory-fit tow ball. My local showroom has a MY23 Fieldmaster in Eldoret Blue with a contrast white roof and every conceivable extra EXCEPT a tow ball and although it's a fine looking beast it's still in the showroom 18 months later.

Last edited:

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not interested in resale value. I bought mine knowing I wanted one, it will last me as long as I need it, it is a tool for a job/lifestyle that does exactly what I need it to do. If I wanted it as an investment I wouldn't be driving it up rocky-sided roads or gravel. I have nice paintings that I buy because I like to look at them. Not everything in life needs to return a financial profit. They don't put pockets in shrouds.

Back
Top Bottom