The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

REMOVAL OF THE HUMP ON THE DRIVERS SIDE RIGHT HAND DRIVE ONLY.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:18 PM
Reaction score
WE NEED MORE THREADS LIKE THIS:)
One a day to keep them on the front page!
dead-horse-spank.gif

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:18 PM
Reaction score
OK.. OK... lest the punters are led to believe the Grenadier is fatally "floor-flawed" ... lo and behold! I bring you grave tidings regarding the Jeep Gladiator no less... at least the Grenadier has somewhere to place one's left foot in the RHD model... and it's a comfortable ride....
today's national newspaper "The Weekend Australian" has a report in its magazine section ...I quote (my highlighting)
Hmmm ...wondering if it reflects the experiences of our US forum buddies ;)

"...the Gladiator looks enormous, and so long (it’s 5.6m in length; a Toyota Land Cruiser is 4.95m) that it seems as likely to fit in an Australian car space as a crocodile is to relax in a bucket. And then you climb up and into it, an ungainly experience that made me look like an old man attempting a front-facing Fosbury flop, and you discover that it is stunningly, nay stupidly, tiny inside. The windscreen is the size of an ironing board, the windows are like lunchbox lids and there’s not even any space in the footwell to rest your left foot. This is a particularly large oversight because the ride of this Gladiator, on its enormous, chunky tyres, is of such violent enthusiasm that you really do need to brace yourself at times..."

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score
I feel like a moth in a cave... and someone started a fire which is burning brightly!
The footrest can go to hell and die a slow death... oh wait its a permanent design stuff up THAT CANNOT BE FIXED.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
One a day to keep them on the front page!
dead-horse-spank.gif
Think DaveB recountered a story once about his American CEO saying there was no horse dead enough that you can't get another 100 miles out of it???? (or something along those lines)......

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
8 or 9 of the UK press reviewers raised this as an issue. It is certainly well covered. Most would know here it's my No.1 bugbear: it infuriates me that 'design' would get to this point for such a long-awaited car. Sadly, it was in the PT01 test vehicle, and they couldn't 'design it out' after 2 years which really irks me - laziness and an unwillingness to be better. I would fire all involved if it was my company. I put it in the safe basket as "the tiler didn't lay the tiles flat, and it must be someone elses problem...".

TASSIE - THEY GOT ME STARTED AGAIN!!!
Oh jesus. OK, let’s then look forward to when you’re CEO of Ineos Automotive or Magna Steyr GmbH and can sort these muppets.

Local time
Reaction score
I smell opportunity, so I'll be fitting a sports cat equipped, high flow manifold that'll be heat wrapped and wayyy lower > problem solved > more woof > more legroom win win win
Hi, Interested in similar mod. Can you do it with Diesel or petrol engine? Will one be better for throaty exhaust note?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How do car companies name a 4x4 that means "gentleman who likes to play with himself" in Spanish?
Who would drive a Pajero anyway?
Hey!!! I have had a Pajero and currently drive a Pajero Sport, and it’s far from the wankiest car I own. But seriously they are great cars for the money. I won’t be distraught to swap it for a Grenadier, but it is remarkably capable for the $ and very reliable. The super select II 4wd system is one of the best available. But yes WTF with the name?

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
well if the apprentice was using 5cm (2") and not 5mm I can understand the issue. However you are not alone on this, it seems to be an Oz thing using cm incorrectly. In the UK (and I think EU) metric measurement is done only in mm and m, and cm are not generally used. Old timers like me however still use imperial measure ~ inches
The use of cm is in no way incorrect, but also here in Australia for most technical and trade use only mm is used.

Local time
Reaction score
How do car companies name a 4x4 that means "gentleman who likes to play with himself" in Spanish?
Who would drive a Pajero anyway?
You did well, not too many people know that Pajero means wanker in Spanish. Would you buy one after that.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You did well, not too many people know that Pajero means wanker in Spanish. Would you buy one after that.
trust me, everyone who owns a Pajero knows, because every one who finds out you have one says “hey do you know what Pajero means in Spanish”

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Hey!!! I have had a Pajero and currently drive a Pajero Sport,
They are very good vehicles by all accounts.
Not many people know what the name translates as so it's all good!
But I do get a giggle from names and plates. HSV is always herpes simplex virus in the medical world,
HPV the human papilloma virus.
And various vanity plates mimicking Grenadier veer closely at times to GRINDR
Not that I would know what that means :LOL:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They are very good vehicles by all accounts.
Not many people know what the name translates as so it's all good!
But I do get a giggle from names and plates. HSV is always herpes simplex virus in the medical world,
HPV the human papilloma virus.
And various vanity plates mimicking Grenadier veer closely at times to GRINDR
Not that I would know what that means :LOL:
It's the plate for a local coffee roaster?😇

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It's the plate for a local coffee roaster?😇
These guys are about 200m away from us on top of the hill. Each Thursday the valley fills with the aroma of roasting! If they see my IG and end up buying one , I'll suggest that GRINDR plate. (For them!)

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
Incorrect thought as it was known by the IA team early on - and was not a pie in the sky for many. The advice I got from part of the IA Australia engineers group was that the PT01 flaw was known, but, before they realised how many people had issues with it the design was through and past PT02 design (as in the PT02 was being built!). It was known, the engineers knew, they did nothing about it because they thought it would be a 'non-issue'. When 8 or 9 of the UK press drivers raise a concern, it is likely a concern. It will be a concern for many, but not all. To state wholly that 'it's not a concern' and wrap everyone in the same thought is not correct.
Your obviously more versed in the inner workings of IA than me, my personal opinion is just that, and for me to have concerns based on not actually driving the vehicle for some time is IMO premature.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score
Your obviously more versed in the inner workings of IA than me, my personal opinion is just that, and for me to have concerns based on not actually driving the vehicle for some time is IMO premature.
Debate is always acceptable to me. I am definitely not more versed info the IA workings, but I sure as hell know about design and QA - I lived in that sphere for 15+ years.

Some responders make things look very matter of fact, and I've fallen in to that trap hence why I use words like "I'n my view or opinion" and I try not to bundle everyone in to my 'views', as for the footrest it won't be a problem for many. But it sure will be for many others! Fact remains it's a complete design stuff up and the LHD shows you how the original intent was planned.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom