The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Passenger Air Bag Setting

saltydog188

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
Went out to dinner with my wife in the passenger seat -- it still said "Passenger Airbag Off". the "solution" posted does not work --maybe it's just for MY 23?. There is no Passenger airbag on/off in settings on my MY24. Any suggestions, short of taking it back to the dealer? Thanks!

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
4:26 PM
Reaction score
I didn't think anyone in the US got MY23 vehicles. Aren't they all MY24?

Arat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:26 PM
Reaction score
Went out to dinner with my wife in the passenger seat -- it still said "Passenger Airbag Off". the "solution" posted does not work --maybe it's just for MY 23?. There is no Passenger airbag on/off in settings on my MY24. Any suggestions, short of taking it back to the dealer? Thanks!
I had the same problem for few months, when i took it to dealer and she (reasonably heavier than my passengers) sat on the passenger seat light did change to Seatbelt ON, maybe you can try it with heavier passenger and see if it works, then the fix!?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:26 AM
Reaction score
I didn't think anyone in the US got MY23 vehicles. Aren't they all MY24?
US build started August 23, I believe, so MY 24. Mine was build at the same time so was hoping for them to accidentally upgrade my audio and alloy wheels.

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:26 AM
Reaction score
Try the procedure with Ignition ON and engine OFF. It worked in my case after an update. Indeed it is a SW bug and they are aware of it. Mine is a MY23 - produced in Jan 23.

saltydog188

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I tried it:
ignition on / engine off
wait 12 seconds (I waited a little longer until all the diagnostics were done
vehicle in park / park brake on / brake pedal NOT depressed
open the settings menu
pressed vehicle functions
scrolled down, but there is NO "Passenger Air Bag Off" to toggle, so....

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
scrolled down, but there is NO "Passenger Air Bag Off" to toggle, so....
Same, not available on NA vehicles.

Last night diving around with my wife in the passenger seat, on the display the words “Passenger Airbag” are illuminated, but both the “On” and “Off” icons were not illuminated!?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same, not available on NA vehicles.

Last night diving around with my wife in the passenger seat, on the display the words “Passenger Airbag” are illuminated, but both the “On” and “Off” icons were not illuminated!?
In my case, ON or OFF is only illuminated for the first few minutes after starting. The lighting then switches off.

Back
Top Bottom