The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia oops

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:22 AM
Reaction score
Bugger - I was hoping that one made it down to Victoria for the drive days - so I can see what the Scottish white looks like in the flesh.
If that is the colour you have ordered, you are not going to be disappointed...I saw it at the Brisbane drive day and was stopped in my tracks by its command of the space it was in...it was undercover so didn't see it in the natural light but Wow!...happy waiting ;)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
If that is the colour you have ordered, you are not going to be disappointed...I saw it at the Brisbane drive day and was stopped in my tracks by its command of the space it was in...it was undercover so didn't see it in the natural light but Wow!...happy waiting ;)

I just spent an hour with this one and I can tell you it looks nice.
I would call it cream not white and there was a white Toyota nearby that looked terrible compared to it

1676428958439.jpeg

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:22 AM
Reaction score
I would call it cream not white and there was a white Toyota nearby that looked terrible compared to it

View attachment 7803303
That's it the same one (y) DaveB the Rino rack gives it away...looks cool;)

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bugger - I was hoping that one made it down to Victoria for the drive days - so I can see what the Scottish white looks like in the flesh.
Dave

I was passing the INEOS Australia Head office this morning, so stopped to have a look.

12-14 PTO 2's on-site., 6 or 7 parked out the back and then Alyssa from INEOS invited me inside to look at another 7, which included 3 Mushroom and 2 Scottish whites.

In my opinion the white is a great colour, very nice & creamy.

The mushroom next to it looked like a very light beige (a bit like the Porsche "stone grey) but with a pinkish hue.

She said that 1 mushroom, one white and one silver will be at the Hanging Rock driving event next week.

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7803303
Apart from the winch and the roof rack that's my spec. And very happy with the 'cream'. :cool:

Reactions: Max

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A couple of things that caught my attention:

It looked like a couple of the PTO's had the wider Euro plastic bumper and I reckon its at least 50mm wider
The Roo Bar is angled back nicely but the top ends up very close to the body work - I guesstimate only 20/25mm gap

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dave

I was passing the INEOS Australia Head office this morning, so stopped to have a look.

12-14 PTO 2's on-site., 6 or 7 parked out the back and then Alyssa from INEOS invited me inside to look at another 7, which included 3 Mushroom and 2 Scottish whites.

In my opinion the white is a great colour, very nice & creamy.

The mushroom next to it looked like a very light beige (a bit like the Porsche "stone grey) but with a pinkish hue.

She said that 1 mushroom, one white and one silver will be at the Hanging Rock driving event next week.
I have ordered the Donny gray but would also be very happy with the white
I wouldn't have anything to do with that roof rack though
It looked terrible.
Not to mention it weighs 60kg
Those huge mounting brackets will take a lot of skin off knuckles

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

It looked like a couple of the PTO's had the wider Euro plastic bumper and I reckon its at least 50mm wider
The Roo Bar is angled back nicely but the top ends up very close to the body work - I guesstimate only 20/25mm gap
Not much space for an antenna mounting tab. Might need to go with a bolt-on job...

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have ordered the Donny gray but would also be very happy with the white
I wouldn't have anything to do with that roof rack though
It looked terrible.
Not to mention it weighs 60kg
Those huge mounting brackets will take a lot of skin off knuckles
Yes, also not a fan. I wonder how the roof width compares with a G-Wagen (and therefore whether the 3/4 length MB rack would drop on)?

Not that I'd know where to find one...

d01e1d1048fddbda27ddc18cb10416ea.jpg

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, also not a fan. I wonder how the roof width compares with a G-Wagen (and therefore whether the 3/4 length MB rack would drop on)?
The roof is 1930 wide so the rack is pretty skinny leaving 170mm on each side or 278mm each side out to the mirrors
I assume this is to allow lots of stuff to hang off the sides???
More likely it was an existing platform for a skinnier vehicle
It was also very short

1676432373180.png

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The roof is 1930 wide so the rack is pretty skinny leaving 170mm on each side or 278mm each side out to the mirrors
I assume this is to allow lots of stuff to hang off the sides???
More likely it was an existing platform for a skinnier vehicle
It was also very short

View attachment 7803305
Are those specs for the G-Wagen rack? Seems a bit long for the one pictured... was thinking it'd be ~1800mm.
My thinking would be to mount it aligned to the trailing edge of the roof, such that the safari windows are cleared.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Not that I'd know where to find one...

d01e1d1048fddbda27ddc18cb10416ea.jpg
A number of German offroad parts suppliers sell the original style MB gelandwagen roof rack.

I understand they are are very exacting to the original design & manufacture but cost approx Euro 4,000.

I looked at buying one for my 230GE but the shipping & likely GST on entry made it super expensive.

I then found a local roof rack company in outer Melbourne (Tradesman roof racks) that manufacturers a basic "knock off" version of the G Wagen rack.

Not sure on quality or technicals & if they do a 3/4 version.
Screenshot_20230215_045352.pngScreenshot_20230215_045515.png

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7803303
DaveB, do you think that the front bumper could host some Lazer liner lighting?

I’m thinking a Lazer Linear-18 Elite bolted on top of the bumper, or x2 Linear-6 Elite with each one near a headlight.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:22 PM
Reaction score

I had a look at the Donney Grey in Perth and the roo bar was a fingers width away from the body work

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had a look at the Donney Grey in Perth and the roo bar was a fingers width away from the body work
I spent time with the Scottish a week and a half ago - and changed my colour to Scottish that day.
It was pretty much specced exactly like mine. Trialmaster with black leather, bullbar etc.

It was at Ignition a week ago as well with the dark blue one, so they must have moved it down the coast just recently.
I’ll have to walk past in the morning to see what they have now.

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As the Grenie seems the only 4x4 with roof capacity for loading directly onto the roof. Therefore the current Rino roof racks just span across the roof to the gutters reducing capacity, plus adding weight of rack. Doesn't make much sense. Like a roof rack designed for the Grenadier. With all door panels and hood are from aluminium does anyone know same for roof? I was told Australian standards must have steel.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hanging panels aluminium, body steel?

Back
Top Bottom