The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Oil leak

Local time
6:26 AM
Reaction score
After a few days with the Grenny I noticed an oil leak beginning to form under the right side (passenger side in the US) of the engine bay close to the bumper.
IMG_4113.jpeg
Today, at about 300miles, I decided to trace the leak upwards and notice splashes of oil on the top side of the front skid plate. Of course this is directly above the oil fill reservoir so I suspected it might be the vented oil fill cap. It turns out that is bone dry, however the underside of the reservoir shows clear signs of a leak possibly at the hose connection.
IMG_4108.jpeg
IMG_4119.jpeg

I can’t really tell how much oil I’ve lost, but so far no complaints from the software so I assume not more than half a pint.

Have any of you encountered this issue? Should I be concerned or just add it to the growing list for the dealer to tackle when I bring it in 10 months (or when the ADAS software fix is available — whichever comes first)?

Local time
9:26 AM
Reaction score
After a few days with the Grenny I noticed an oil leak beginning to form under the right side (passenger side in the US) of the engine bay close to the bumper.
View attachment 7871797
Today, at about 300miles, I decided to trace the leak upwards and notice splashes of oil on the top side of the front skid plate. Of course this is directly above the oil fill reservoir so I suspected it might be the vented oil fill cap. It turns out that is bone dry, however the underside of the reservoir shows clear signs of a leak possibly at the hose connection.
View attachment 7871798
View attachment 7871799

I can’t really tell how much oil I’ve lost, but so far no complaints from the software so I assume not more than half a pint.

Have any of you encountered this issue? Should I be concerned or just add it to the growing list for the dealer to tackle when I bring it in 10 months (or when the ADAS software fix is available — whichever comes first)?

View attachment 7871797
View attachment 7871798
View attachment 7871799

I would suggest that the person best able to help make the the correct decision would be the service manager at the dealer. If this were my vehicle, I’d be on my way back to the dealer.
I can’t even begin to list the number of customers who would show up at my shop saying something along the lines of “…I drove straight here as soon as the light/gauge showed something was wrong”. We then let them know that they had just destroyed the engine. Seriously, it happened all of the time!
Just take it back and let them fix it…

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:26 PM
Reaction score
Power steering fluid reservoir. They often weep, especially at the cap. Mine is seeping a little as it does on other German cars I own from the 60s onwards.
It might be the lower hose , less likely a split in the reservoir where it exits.
What does the top of the reservoir look like?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:26 PM
Reaction score
Power steering fluid reservoir. They often weep, especially at the cap. Mine is seeping a little as it does on other German cars I own from the 60s onwards.
It might be the lower hose , less likely a split in the reservoir where it exits.
What does the top of the reservoir look like?
I was thinking an overfill may cause this...

Back
Top Bottom