The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Offroad navigation with Hema maps

Local time
10:34 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone downloaded Hema .gpx map files onto the Pathfinder system or interfaced it with the Aerpro AMHXD3 module that has Hema maps loaded? I'm looking for an offroad navigation system which uses the Grenadier screen and requires little or no additional hardware.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:34 AM
Reaction score
Does Hema maps not have a CarPlay/Android Auto app? Unfortunately Hema is essentially useless for us in North America so I haven't spent any time with it at all

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:34 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone downloaded Hema .gpx map files onto the Pathfinder system or interfaced it with the Aerpro AMHXD3 module that has Hema maps loaded? I'm looking for an offroad navigation system which uses the Grenadier screen and requires little or no additional hardware.
Provided the gpx file has waypoints, Pathfinder mode will read the file with no issues. It doesn’t recognise tracks or routes though. Breadcrumb trails of waypoints are fine.

As for the aerpro adaptor I suspect it won’t work, but happy to be proven wrong. Reading the user manual it appears to need a usb connection with the head unit and also a Bluetooth connection to your iPhone phone. The grenadier is wireless CarPlay only. No mention of Android auto in the manual.

Unfortunately Hema doesn’t support CarPlay or android auto. Maybe some day…. but it would undermine their hardware based mapping products. They just killed their Explorer app and the 4wd app hasn’t been updated in 2 years on the apple App Store.

The only CarPlay compatible navigation app I’ve found which allows me to load my own maps and imagery is OSMAnd maps, but it’s not a simple process to get them into a suitable format the OSMMaps can read.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom