The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Local Area Thread OEM Clips for fwd. Fender Flares

Jetjockey

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:57 AM
Reaction score
Does anybody know where to source the small plastic clips that hold the front fender flares? Since you can't reach most of them with pliers, the majority broke removing the flares.
Any replacement that works is fine as well.
🙏

Attachments

• IMG-20240625-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20240625-WA0001.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG-20240625-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20240625-WA0003.jpeg
    840.9 KB · Views: 70

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Every time you take off the fender flares, some of the plastic dowels get stuck in the sheet metal. The easiest way to loosen them, is to press a 6 mm ring spanner onto the dowel from the inside. This unlocks it and you can easily remove it and use it again.

Attachments

• Fender Flare.jpeg
    Fender Flare.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57

wolftimj

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:57 PM
Reaction score
Every time you take off the fender flares, some of the plastic dowels get stuck in the sheet metal. The easiest way to loosen them, is to press a 6 mm ring spanner onto the dowel from the inside. This unlocks it and you can easily remove it and use it again.
Great tip!

Jetjockey

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

It really is a great tip, but how can I reach the tip of the clips? I couldn't get the wheel arch liner off without removing the fender flare first. Which is by the way the only reason I removed the fender flare, to get the wheel arch liner out.
What am I not seeing here?
Thank you again

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have already removed the inner fenders several times, for example to apply underbody protection or at the front left to connect a Warn Winch with a LeTech bracket to the standard Albright relay under the fender. In order to remove the inner fenders, the flares must first be removed. I do this with a strong jerk and with the help of a plastic lever. When it is torn off, some of the dowels of the extensions always remain stuck in the sheet metal of the fender. It's difficult to get them out with pliers. But if you press the ring of a 6 mm box wrench over the dowel from the inside, you unlock it and it more or less pops out of the sheet metal by itself. Then you can insert the dowel head back into the extension and use it again during installation. I always spray all plug connections with silicone spray before installation so that they snap into place more easily. Otherwise, removing the inner fender is pretty easy. There are just a lot of Torx screws and some plastic nuts in the middle, but otherwise it is a straight forward job.

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:57 PM
Reaction score
An awesome tip thanks. I took my fender flat and internal guard off to see if I could sort this poorly fitted RAI. Alas no, internal ductwork prevents me getting my mitts in there. But I got everything back on.

Back
Top Bottom