The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build Thread @ninetubes - overlanding build - western australia

Nishan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:37 AM
Reaction score
By trigger wire, I mean the wire that triggers, switches, or actuates the relay. Not its power feed, just the switch wire.
My overhead spotlight switch works as per factory. But now when the factory spots light up, so does the roof light.
I did this by taking a feed from the spotlights positive connection. This power wire is only live when the factory spotlights are illuminated. I then connected this into the EXT2 25A relay.
So now that relay no longer switches on off by the roof ext2 switch.
That relay now switches on and off the moment the factory spotlights do, so in effect the factory spotlights and the roof light bar now operate in parallel, together, as one, at the same moment in time.
I hope this answers your question
OK. This is really helpfull. I should be able to do the same by connecting hibeam trigger to factory spot light positive connection. Do you have any photos of how did you tap in to factory spot light positive connection?.

Wile E Coyote

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:37 AM
Reaction score
By trigger wire, I mean the wire that triggers, switches, or actuates the relay. Not its power feed, just the switch wire.
My overhead spotlight switch works as per factory. But now when the factory spots light up, so does the roof light.
I did this by taking a feed from the spotlights positive connection. This power wire is only live when the factory spotlights are illuminated. I then connected this into the EXT2 25A relay.
So now that relay no longer switches on off by the roof ext2 switch.
That relay now switches on and off the moment the factory spotlights do, so in effect the factory spotlights and the roof light bar now operate in parallel, together, as one, at the same moment in time.
I hope this answers your question
This is what I'm doing too. I'm then going to cut the other end of the brown trigger wire from the ext2 switch above the roof panel and use it to feed / switch the wolfbox mirror install.

ninetubes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Small one this week. Installed a shelf onto the overhead console. It’s handy for wallet, pocket knife and garage remote etc. no good for sunglasses and it’s hard to get anything too big in there without accidentally flicking some of the aux switches. Also makes it hard to see the diff lock buttons etc.
It’s ok for what it is, but kinda expensive for what it achieves. Then again it looks kinda cool 7/10.
IMG_2662.jpeg

ninetubes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
IMG_2151.jpegAlso missed that fact that a few months ago I did considerable damage to the paintwork in the scrub whilst on a trip.
So got the worst of the scratches buffed and a PPF applied. It’s the bushwrapz advanced 5 year product and only covers sides etc, not the bonnet or roof.
Hides the scratches and is easy to clean. Also enjoying the peace of mind when off road. Should have done it from the outset.
9.5/10 so long as it lasts the 5 years they claim.

Attachments

• IMG_2570.jpeg
    IMG_2570.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 64
Local time
2:37 AM
Reaction score
Planning:
After cutting the grille I felt like the "plastic was off". At the time i couldn't find any info with regard to how and where to run electrical wires for UHF ratio and electric trailer brakes, compressor placement etc, so i set to stripping the car to have a good look around and start planning.
i stripped the back door trims and the cargo areas, removed the battery covers from the rear seat, removed the front seats and carpet under them. Then took the dash apart, removed the centre console and roof switch panel. wheel inner guards came out along with the wheel arch flares and the external trims around the back door. Learnt plenty and didn't break much.
I found all the spare aux wiring - what an easter egg hunt that was!
Then set to testing a bunch of things to see how they worked and what voltage things ran at.
Also sketched out the aux switch panel as people kept asking me what was what up there - ref the photos below
Do you mind showing how you ran the antenna cable into the upper corner trim into the interior? Did you run it between the body panels I’ve marked up in the pic? Were there many obstructions when snaking across the roof lining.

Attachments

• IMG_0489.jpeg
    IMG_0489.jpeg
    394 KB · Views: 39

ninetubes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you mind showing how you ran the antenna cable into the upper corner trim into the interior? Did you run it between the body panels I’ve marked up in the pic? Were there many obstructions when snaking across the roof lining.
Around the back door the plastic side an top panels are removable. So I removed them and ran the cable under them before reinstalling them. There is also a grommet under the side ones that I used to gain access inside.
One minor obstruction encountered when pushing the snake through the roof lining. I ended up doing it twice made a cabling mistake. Went fine both times, straight through to the overhead switch panel.
Cheers, Dan

Back
Top Bottom