The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New pick up No AC

Maj

Local time
1:26 AM
Reaction score
I drove round trip 7 hours to pick up my Grenadier. In the dealer lot the AC was freezing when they were going over all the features. On the way home the AC stops working after about one hour. Not happy. It was a long drive and a logistical nightmare for me to get back to the dealer anytime soon. The dealer said there was a “hvac” update that all of the new arrivals had to have done by the service department. The salesman said it wasn’t done then later said it was done. Has anyone else heard of the “hvac” update? If so what does it involve?

Attachments

• IMG_9947.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 31

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your issues, on the plus side 3.5hrs each way is still closer than much of the country.

There have been several updates to the infotainment system, but none that I have heard of for the HVAC specifically. Which dealer did you pick it up from?

Maj

Local time
Reaction score
Just an update and trying to get information out to other owners. The dealership was awesome and picked up my grenadier and left me with a loaner grenadier with 1000 miles on it. The owner of the dealership drove it up himself in an enclosed trailer. Saved me a 7 hour round trip to the dealership. I was very appreciative. They have had my vehicle for over a week and AC still doesn't work. They refilled refrigerant but after driving still does not cool. They told me they have to get with the grenadier engineers because they are "stumped".
Interesting thing is that the loaner Grenadier also has issues with AC cooling. Full blast AC cools the vehicle to about 70 degrees. Comfortable but not normal. The other problem with the new rental is that the gas gauge doesn't function properly. Last night I drove 120 miles and the gas gauge did not move until I was 20 miles from home. Sometimes I turn the vehicle on and it says I have a full tank. Other times it will say I have 1/4 tank left. Frustrating to spend so much on a vehicle and have issues with some simple but critical issues. AC and fuel gauge are pretty important features to have working in a new vehicle in my opinion.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
yikes. thanks for sharing your experience. Hope they get it sorted out quick. Yes, AC and fuel gauge are so basic. I personally hate the digital fuel gauge.

Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
;) I had AC not working on test drive, but later it started working ... so seems to be an issue. So does it work for others or it is a rare case?

ColoradoMike

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:26 PM
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your issues!

We took delivery on 9 Sep and have about 700 miles on ours mostly highway/city but some fire roads and stuff.

So far we have not had any issues with the AC. I do run it in the manual mode and do not use auto. We also run about 1/2 the time with all the windows and the safari windows open.

When I picked ours up, I asked the service manager were there any issues with the HVAC system......he said when they first started selling the Grenadier they had a couple that had to have some sort of HVAC hose replaced. I cant recall the exact wording but something to that effect.

You mentioned the Digital Fuel Gauge.....here is what I found thus far.

Every vehicle I purchase I keep logs of fuel, mx at dealer or myself, receipts....you name it. The reason I mention this is I wanted to test the fuel capacity/fuel economy and have a baseline for MY driving style and conditions.

1. First tank was kind of a bust because it left the dealership with a "full tank" and I could not verify that. I am sure they filled it up BUT I simply trust my fill ups.
2. We drove in all conditions for about 200 miles. Filled up and my data can now be used to see how the Grenadier estimates things.
3. Second fill up was a test to validate the "Fuel Gauge", some MPG calcs from pen/paper vs Grenadier....etc
4. The digital fuel gauge and the low fuel warning came on when we showed about 3/8th of a tank. Doing some mental math and a 15mpg guesstimate, I figured we could drive for a lot longer than the fuel warnings came on. We drove and drove...the warning and the estimate on range did not change. We drove a circuit close to the gas station that has decent hwy/hilly roads and kept on going. Then something changed....the miles to empty started looking like my estimates and it counted down pretty close to a mile on the road. We filled it up with the estimate on the computer showing 8 miles til empty.

We are still driving til we empty this tank so I can let you know based on that if the digital gauge is accurate or not.

Back
Top Bottom