The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

My new Leitner light bar and Baja Design lights!

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:56 PM
Reaction score
I just had my new Leitner front light bar and Baja Designs lights installed. It looks flipping awesome!!

I have the red parking light hooked up to the Grenadier parking light switch so the red comes on with the parking lights.

I have the low beams on overhead switch 5 and the high beams on overhead switch 2! Works perfect and lets me use those overhead switches a lot! Which is very cool.

This was an expensive set up but worth it!

Attachments

• IMG_0233.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0230.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0224.jpeg
    IMG_0224.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0221.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0222.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0223.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0232.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0225.jpeg
    IMG_0225.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 143

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:56 PM
Reaction score
I just had my new Leitner front light bar and Baja Designs lights installed. It looks flipping awesome!!

I have the red parking light hooked up to the Grenadier parking light switch so the red comes on with the parking lights.

I have the low beams on overhead switch 5 and the high beams on overhead switch 2! Works perfect and lets me use those overhead switches a lot! Which is very cool.

Excellent idea. Like the light bar, I am guessing it won't fit the UK bumper?

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Excellent idea. Like the light bar, I am guessing it won't fit the UK bumper?
Should be exactly the same front bumper set up actually. There are two covers on each side of the license plate opening and under those few bolts should be the same four bolt openings to install this on yours!

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looks great. Are those the 6" lights?
They are the Baja LP6 Pro LED and I chose a red parking light set up but you could get yellow or blue. These babies literally light up the road like day light, it is amazing! They look really cool too and when hooked up to the overhead toggle switches, just fun as hell to flip them on!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:56 AM
Reaction score

The lights look like they stick out past the bumper???

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There may be one in the pipeline that does if there’s enough demand.
Are you sure there is a difference in the front bumper in the UK? The Leitner system is on top of the bumper and bolts in where the entire bumper bolts into the front frame. It should fit fine. It does not impede the front license plate area if you have one.

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Makes it an expensive exercise if you bump into a wall or car even at carpark speeds.
Probably so, but I will never do that. I guess my wife could, but we sit so far up we can see the front of the hood so the chances are slim. But man, these light look great and can blind a bat. Love them

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:56 AM
Reaction score
Probably so, but I will never do that. I guess my wife could, but we sit so far up we can see the front of the hood so the chances are slim. But man, these light look great and can blind a bat. Love them
A risk you are willing to take and it is your money after all.
I just hope some useless driver doesn't reverse into you

e_k_powell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Did your front parking sensors become more sensitive after your install? I installed the bar and Baja Designs Squadron lights so might are smaller and don't protrude out like yours but the two front interior parking sensors (not the ones at the ends of the bumper) tend to go off for no real reason when I come to a stop. They will beep and flash on the screen and eventually stop but it is super annoying. Nothing else has changed at the front of my vehicle and this started when I put the light bar on so that is the only thing I can think of that would be causing it.

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like it how set the bracket for LP6 were set, you can see my BD LP6 lights are behind the bumper
IMG_9407.jpeg

SkiBum1

GG-4567
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did your front parking sensors become more sensitive after your install? I installed the bar and Baja Designs Squadron lights so might are smaller and don't protrude out like yours but the two front interior parking sensors (not the ones at the ends of the bumper) tend to go off for no real reason when I come to a stop. They will beep and flash on the screen and eventually stop but it is super annoying. Nothing else has changed at the front of my vehicle and this started when I put the light bar on so that is the only thing I can think of that would be causing it.
No. Nothing happened to my sensors. Maybe some wire loom is touching something or something in the sensor system is too close to the lights/bar or new hook up wires? Makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom