The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Missing air con gas!

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:59 AM
Reaction score
Returning to Somerset from a trip to Surrey on Sunday, I switched on the aircon and recirculated air button, only to find I was being “cooled down” with ambient temperature air.

I called my supplier (Compass Automotive of Bridgewater) first thing Monday morning, and they kindly said “Bring it in first thing Tuesday and we’ll see what the problem is “.

After a full “industry standard” vacuum test, plus other routine diagnoses, the system was deemed leak free, and in perfect working order…… apart from not having any refrigerant gas in the system!!

Anecdotally, they said my Grenadier wasn’t the first that they’ve had to gas up, and one example was from a pre PDI’d brand spanner.

Moral of the tale? Don’t wait for a hot day to check if the aircon works.

Thank to the guys and technicians who sorted it out, all in less than an hour. Top guys.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:59 AM
Reaction score
I'm fully convinced dealers aren't checking the HVAC system during PDI. It seems like more often than not the system has leaks or is not charged or not charged enough.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm fully convinced dealers aren't checking the HVAC system during PDI. It seems like more often than not the system has leaks or is not charged or not charged enough.
Might be right - my AC doesn't do SHITE! I am going to call and make an appointment for the day after school lets out. RDS doesn't have Saturday service hours and given the distance, it's not practical to drop off and pick up. I'll have them attack some of the TSB stuff as well.

bbq4133

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Might be right - my AC doesn't do SHITE! I am going to call and make an appointment for the day after school lets out. RDS doesn't have Saturday service hours and given the distance, it's not practical to drop off and pick up. I'll have them attack some of the TSB stuff as well.

If it's any consolation, RDS knows about the AC stuff because of my odyssey so hopefully they'll figure it out for you in short order lol.

stegelkamp

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:59 AM
Reaction score
Hello all, my IG Air con is also NOT working and with a leak. My dealer checked and found two tubes with crancked flanges. They ordered spare Parts and in the meantime they have the second IG with same issue.
May be a useful infromation for anyone

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just got home from RDS. They didn’t find any leaks but said there was hardly any refrigerant in it. AC blew cold all the way home. Hopefully it is fixed for good and there’s not a leak hiding in the system.

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:59 PM
Reaction score
Just got home from RDS. They didn’t find any leaks but said there was hardly any refrigerant in it. AC blew cold all the way home. Hopefully it is fixed for good and there’s not a leak hiding in the system.
Hey Krabby, I just picked mine up yesterday and have some hvac issues. Have you had any repeat issues or has it been working as designed since the gas top up?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Krabby, I just picked mine up yesterday and have some hvac issues. Have you had any repeat issues or has it been working as designed since the gas top up?
It’s blown cold since. I took her back and forth to Vermont from NJ and all is well with the AC.

Back
Top Bottom