The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Might Ineos partner with BMW to increase dealerships/service centers?

Local time
4:19 PM
Reaction score
This has not been my experience.

I have the tow package installed (not sure how that corresponds to the tow module you have mentioned) and the vehicle will roll back if on a hill and the auto stop is engaged. It can be alarming, especially when it coincides with hitting the accelerator and expecting the vehicle to move forward. The auto stop/start desperately needs to be re-tuned to start the engine much sooner, and to not engage if the vehicle is on a grade which would cause it to roll back. I do wish it was considered a safety issue and either allow for it to be permanently off, or resolved.

For what its worth, the auto stop/start on my Disco V is excellent. One of its only good qualities as compared to the Grenadier.
The f150 stop/start works great also. the fords issue is a loss of fuel pump pressure. This unit is timed bad. It's way to quick to engage, like at a line at a stop sign, and doesnt sync with the tranny. I'll often hit the gas, it'll start and rev, the turbo will spool, then the transmission kickes in, and the passenger gets whiplash. I may glue that friggin' button closed.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:19 PM
Reaction score
This has not been my experience.

I have the tow package installed (not sure how that corresponds to the tow module you have mentioned) and the vehicle will roll back if on a hill and the auto stop is engaged. It can be alarming, especially when it coincides with hitting the accelerator and expecting the vehicle to move forward. The auto stop/start desperately needs to be re-tuned to start the engine much sooner, and to not engage if the vehicle is on a grade which would cause it to roll back. I do wish it was considered a safety issue and either allow for it to be permanently off, or resolved.

For what its worth, the auto stop/start on my Disco V is excellent. One of its only good qualities as compared to the Grenadier.
Oh I don’t mind a little roll back, it a full on engine does not respond is not good for the nerves. You’re right the delay is somewhat no fun. But this is a complete shutdown, as soon as you transfer from brake pedal to accelerator, the dash lights up like a Christmas tree and you’ve got nothing. So you have to than get back on the brake asap. I have 2 BMW’s and the auto start stop is instant.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:19 PM
Reaction score
It’s not just about the right and wrong of things. It’s the constant negativity towards Grenadier. Almost every single thread he is in he bashes or is negative on Ineos. Sure there are issues, and I could post another super LONG response here, but would just be easier if you read the thread
Absolutely spot on. Every time I see his name - it's a Grenadier bash. I have contemplated asking to be removed from this Forum as I have had my fill of these type of comments.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:19 PM
Reaction score
Absolutely spot on. Every time I see his name - it's a Grenadier bash. I have contemplated asking to be removed from this Forum as I have had my fill of these type of

Absolutely spot on. Every time I see his name - it's a Grenadier bash. I have contemplated asking to be removed from this Forum as I have had my fill of these type of comments.
As I’ve clearly pointed out you don’t have to read anything I say. Beyond that if this is a response to the Auto Start/Stop we are talking about I didn’t realize talking about something between two forum members was so devastating to your well being. I’m not sure why everyone is so emotionally attached to a thing. But again Trialmaster, if you don’t like what I have to say don’t read it. It’s not at all complicated.

Back
Top Bottom