The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Loud intermittent squeaking coming from front left axle

chilz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:20 AM
Reaction score
Hi,
I just got my Grenadier on Saturday and it occasionally starts making a loud , high pitched squeak from the area of the front left wheel. It happens at low speeds, when i go above 50 mph it doesn't do it and at low speeds it happens every few minutes at lower to very low speeds. Has anyone encountered this?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:20 PM
Reaction score
Is it rotational? Single squeak? How long does it last if not rotational?

What triggers it? Acceleration? Constant speed cruise? Braking? Turning? Bumps?

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe as simple as something got in between your pad and rotor? As anand asks, we need more info/specifics.

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:20 AM
Reaction score
Hi,
I just got my Grenadier on Saturday and it occasionally starts making a loud , high pitched squeak from the area of the front left wheel. It happens at low speeds, when i go above 50 mph it doesn't do it and at low speeds it happens every few minutes at lower to very low speeds. Has anyone encountered this?
Sometimes with new cars the brake pads still need to adjust them. But that should be solved once you drove a few km/miles with it.

chilz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is it rotational? Single squeak? How long does it last if not rotational?

What triggers it? Acceleration? Constant speed cruise? Braking? Turning? Bumps?
It is pretty random aside from not at high speeds. And tends to go away once i turn along a sharpish country lane type road. Nothing in particular triggers it. Today it was happening less often but it disappears at higher speeds say above 55 mph. Its pretty loud when it happens. Will see if i can get a recording of it but i tried earlier and all you could hear was the wind. I thought it might be the front left wheel but now i am not so sure. It is definitely from the left front side though. Aside from that as i said i love the car, the amount of attention it gets is almost a little worrying as i have cone out of restaurants this week and found people literally standing around it looking. Even old grandma's. Incredible piece of kit

chilz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sometimes with new cars the brake pads still need to adjust them. But that should be solved once you drove a few km/miles with it.
Yeh i drove from Kent to Northern Ireland on Saturday and have done bit more this week so have already done around 600 miles so i dont think its the brake pads.

Mussels

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, there was comment on an earlier thread that the coil spring could just be settling down into position.

Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score
I think we have this. Sounds like a bearing or brake pad. 7,500miles so far. Only noticeable at low speeds with the windows down. I’ll look into it next week

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have had this, there's a metal cage on the inside of the brake disk if a stone finds its way in it is hard to get out! Have a look underneath. There’s a gap you can get the stones out of but it’s a pain.
IMG_5254.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom