The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Logsplitter’s travels in his Grenadier.

Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
A little mod I did while camped the other day.
A 12v motorcycle auxiliary socket clamps directly onto the side tie down bars as about the same size as a motorcycle handlebar. Took the blank plug out of one of the auxiliary roof sockets and crimped a couple of pins on the cable. Easy cheap solution as much Of our kit runs off of usb plugs. So we can run lights or charge kit outside.
View attachment 7828833
The 12v MC take off is a great shout! 20mm bars then, whist on the test drive I rattled the hell out of these tie down bars and was well impressed with the sturdiness. following

Local time
Reaction score
Really good to see someone using the Grenadier for what it was made. Also really pleased to hear that you are happy with the vehicle - glad it is working out for you! It is clearly a burly vehicle that has the bones for hard work.

In the winter, that rear skid will fill with snow/ice, and it could stay there for months. Not good if that frozen block of crud is full of magnesium chloride or road salt (both of which are used where I live). Obviously not a problem in some parts of the world, but definitely a concern in snow country.

Your comments about the need for a suspension lift echo sentiments raised by some of us long before we ever got in one. I've heard some lifts are being developed. Does anyone know if they include new control arms? That's going to be pricey if they do, and very bad driving if they do not.

Thanks for the great photos - hope your trip continues to go well!

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I need to get something off my chest. I won’t be posting for a while as I need to clear my mind and try and make some sense of what has happened.
Last Saturday we attended the wedding of our beautiful friends in the Cederburg mountains of South Africa. It was a joyous wonderful occasion with friends and family from all over the world.
A few days later whilst on their honeymoon in the Queen Elizabeth National Park of Uganda they were murdered along with their tour guide. A heinous crime against such beautiful people. It will take us a long time to come to terms with such a mindless act of terror.
I just can’t be posting about travels and vehicles at the moment.
Bye for now Dave AKA Logsplitter

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I need to get something off my chest. I won’t be posting for a while as I need to clear my mind and try and make some sense of what has happened.
Last Saturday we attended the wedding of our beautiful friends in the Cederburg mountains of South Africa. It was a joyous wonderful occasion with friends and family from all over the world.
A few days later whilst on their honeymoon in the Queen Elizabeth National Park of Uganda they were murdered along with their tour guide. A heinous crime against such beautiful people. It will take us a long time to come to terms with such a mindless act of terror.
I'm sure I speak for everyone on this forum when I offer my heart felt condolences.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That is horrific news Logsplitter, truly sorry for your loss and the mindless violence.

Awful.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Unbelievable and so shocking. Such a sad loss of life, we all pass on our condolences.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:55 AM
Reaction score
unthinkable tragedy for you, their families, and everyone at the wedding.

I read about this in the news, it was especially chilling for me. In that same area I had ak47s pointed at me in anger by poachers who felt we threatened their safety; it was very close to being the same story, in a remote and stunningly beautiful corner of uganda. There, but for luck, go we all at times like that.

thinking of you all Dave, go well, and take your time.

J

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:55 PM
Reaction score
Oh my, this is a terrible incident that I had seen on the news and commented on.

It makes it even worse that they are so close and loved friends of one of our own on this forum.

When I first started to read @Logsplitter comments, I thought oh no something has happened to his IG. On this occasion I actually wished it was just a piece of machinery that was affected.

My condolences @Logsplitter

Local time
11:55 AM
Reaction score
I hope you forum moderators don’t mind but the easiest way to post for me while on my travels about the Grenadier in general and our travels is on a dedicated thread as sorting through all posts with limited internet access isn’t easy. So here goes.
we have been staying on a farm for a few days in the Karoo and had a a full day over 80km purely off-road on tiny farm tracks. The morning we spent getting to the sheep then ear tagging injections against parasites etc then the afternoon driving around the land looking for his Nguni cattle. To give an idea of scale we were on one of his five farms. The next one 60km away and another 100km away and 500km of fences to maintain. A great day where I mucked in and helped out.
The farmer wanted to see how good the Grenadier was so we put it to the test. At one point we had three farm workers in front of us rebuilding the track placing loose rocks in the washed out gullies. The farmers Ford pick up truck struggled at one pint with three attempts to get across a gully going across the track. The Grenadier in low ratio with middle and rear diff locks locked just walked up these hilly tracks effortlessly. The Grenadier truly is amazing off road and super comfortable. The farmer was suitably impressed as he had tried deliberately to take me to places wher he thought I couldn’t manage to follow. Lots of photos and video footage on what was an amazing day.
To be super critical a couple of negatives. The rear bash plate picks up brush and debris like a scoop and we had some dust getting in through the back doors which is making the rear door difficult to open.
Great pis keep them coming. INEOS1

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:55 PM
Reaction score
Dave,

I’m gutted. My thoughts and prayers to all those dealing with this tragedy.

Tom

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dave, this is truly shocking and must be so very tough on you, your friends and the wider family. A wonderful happy occasion turned into wholly unnecessary tragedy.

I saw this on the TV news, my thoughts are with you all.

Stay safe, John

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
Hi Dave, I can't imagine the anguish the family and you are going through. So much love and then this. May their bright lights shine forever and be remembered for who they were. DaBull

Back
Top Bottom