The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Limp Home

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:21 PM
Reaction score
Bloody limp home mode this morning in my D4 and obviously the week where I'm driving down Wiltshire way for a few days!
Hoping after clearing out the MAFs it will resolve the issue or perhaps replace them - drerading anything more major with the turbos.

Come on Grenadier, I need a more simple/reliable wagon.

:(

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:21 PM
Reaction score
Bloody limp home mode this morning in my D4 and obviously the week where I'm driving down Wiltshire way for a few days!
Hoping after clearing out the MAFs it will resolve the issue or perhaps replace them - drerading anything more major with the turbos.

Come on Grenadier, I need a more simple/reliable wagon.

:(
If you need spanners or a big hammer I'm 4 miles outside Devizes !

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Top man - tks AC

Still waiting to hear what the news is from my indie LR garage. Hoping it's not a manifold or other extreme expense/body off diagnosis!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Turns out it's a cracked intake manifold. Typical bloody Land Rover making a major part not fit for purpose. Two bits of plastic sealed together, which has to deal with a great amount of heat/pressure. 'No lets not make it from aluminium, that would last too long...' Think it's beyond my level of spanner expertise - book says anything from 10-16 hours to change. I like the D4 immensely but it has some woeful achilles heels that could easily have been avoided, it's also a shit to work on. I know all the reasons why. Please Grenadier be refreshingly different!

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:21 AM
Reaction score
Turns out it's a cracked intake manifold. Typical bloody Land Rover making a major part not fit for purpose. Two bits of plastic sealed together, which has to deal with a great amount of heat/pressure. 'No lets not make it from aluminium, that would last too long...' Think it's beyond my level of spanner expertise - book says anything from 10-16 hours to change. I like the D4 immensely but it has some woeful achilles heels that could easily have been avoided, it's also a shit to work on. I know all the reasons why. Please Grenadier be refreshingly different!
Yeah, I love the convenience of OBD but bugger me the packaging is tight on vehicles these days. Ratchet spanners and sockets mandatory.

Back
Top Bottom