The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Light Bar

Powderhound57

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:32 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am waiting for the shorter version of the roof rack. I also ordered a light bar. How are people attaching the light bar to roof if you have the shorter roof rack and safari windows? Thanks!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:32 PM
Reaction score
@Powderhound57 Hey man, no clue but SOS is used for people stranded and need immediate forum help to get their IG going. Can you delete this thread and repost as a regular thread.

Last edited:
Vote:
Upvote 0

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:32 PM
Reaction score
Thread was moved to the electrical section.

OP - I see you are new here - welcome aboard. As @ADVAW8S said, SOS is only used for literal emergencies (ie stranded somewhere). No harm no foul.

Vote:
Upvote 0

AWo

Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am waiting for the shorter version of the roof rack. I also ordered a light bar. How are people attaching the light bar to roof if you have the shorter roof rack and safari windows? Thanks!
Which light bar? The Ineos one?

AWo

Vote:
Upvote 0

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
FWIW, the only thing I’ve seen up to this point is by LeTech

Considering how expensive they are with shipping, I’m hoping that a similar option becomes available on this side of the pond😁

Let us know what you find or decide to go with.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
You may need to tint your safari windows to stop excess light entering the cabin. Couple of my customers have done this with the light bar being mounted further back on cross bars to move the wind noise away from the front of the car.

Vote:
Upvote 0

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
If it is the one I saw from Ineos and which we tested (a.f.a.i.k there is only one light bar available from Ineos) let me say it this way and carefully, then it is "nearly/almost close to" the same lightbar as the Hella Black Magic 40", produced in China and labeld for a Polish company in this case.

You should check that you do not only mount them with the side brackets, but also with at least one in the middle. It should have a notch on its back and there is a Hella mountung option (part nr. 8HG 358 176-341) you should use.

Otherwise these long light bars tend to bend and swing in the middle which will ruin it.

AWo

Vote:
Upvote 0

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It should then still attach to the 3/4 rack, not the roof.

You may need to tint your safari windows to stop excess light entering the cabin. Couple of my customers have done this with the light bar being mounted further back on cross bars to move the wind noise away from the front of the car.
Interesting. I would think being that far back the beam pattern would be really bad.

Vote:
Upvote 0

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If it is the one I saw from Ineos and which we tested (a.f.a.i.k there is only one light bar available from Ineos) let me say it this way and carefully, then it is "nearly/almost close to" the same lightbar as the Hella Black Magic 40", produced in China and labeld for a Polish company in this case.

You should check that you do not only mount them with the side brackets, but also with at least one in the middle. It should have a notch on its back and there is a Hella mountung option (part nr. 8HG 358 176-341) you should use.

Otherwise these long light bars tend to bend and swing in the middle which will ruin it.

AWo
Interesting, the 40" lightbar from Ineos cost me £748, the Hella one I can get for £172.56 - bugger

Vote:
Upvote 0

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting. I would think being that far back the beam pattern would be really bad.
can't see anything wrong with my pattern (mounted behind Safaris) but definitely some light pollution through the safaris. Will look for a blind or tint or both in due course.

Last edited:
Vote:
Upvote 0

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You'll lose light near the front of the vehicle, but in a perfect world you'll have a different light to fill that space. Long distance light should be the same

Vote:
Upvote 0

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s good to know. Thanks🤙🤙.
I didn’t order any rack yet, but I am looking for an aftermarket 3/4 length and possible light mounting solutions because I have the safari windows as well.

Vote:
Upvote 0

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
No, not necessarily. Even if this light bar is labeled as a work light (applies to countries which are bound to UN-ECE regulations, like Europe, Japan and Australia) because it has the UN-ECE R10 label (EMV) but not the "R" (high beam) with a reference number, its light pattern is a pure high beam light. It is very narrow and wide. It creates a spot in the far. However, because of that (spot in the far) and because of some other reasons, that kind of light should be mounted below the bonnet. But that space is already occupied at the Grenadier and I personally would reject to increase the decrease of cooling air at this model.

That will leave you with the option to mount it on the roof (rack), but then I would mount it as far back as necessary to keep the windscreen and probably also the bonnet in the dark.

These are the light patterns of the Ineos, an Osram and a smaller Black Magic from Hella. The Osram is the only Combo-Lightbar with some LED's illuminating the sides. Seeing this light pattern explains, why you can mount it back, at the B-pillar for example.

Order of lights: Ineos (left), Osram VX1000 CB SM (middle, between 300 and 400 Euros), Hella Black Magic 32" (right, around 150 Euro). The test was performed on a field and you see a power pole.

OSRAM_VX1000_CB-SM.jpgINEOS_OEM.jpgHella_Black_Magic_32.jpg

That is the Ineos one from men's viewpoint. The pole is about 80 m in distance. What you can't see that the light spot spreads very far (that was the case with all three light bars). In the view from above the light seems to end, but there is a big ditch which fall into shadow. We measured between 400 and 560 m where we still could see light. In the picture below the camera wasn't able to pick that light up, but if you look at the spot, you can see how it continues to spread.

20230801_224814.jpg

AWo

Last edited:
Vote:
Upvote 0

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@AWo thank you for taking the time to post that. It was very helpful.

Vote:
Upvote 0

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Vote:
Upvote 0

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the 32‘ Hella black magic, mounted on the cross bar behind the Safari windows. At the moment ( caused by the ski box on the roof) in the middle of the roof.
The light did not cause any trouble through the Safari Windows, and come to the ground around 10m in front of the car. The gap is illuminated by the High Beams and the normal light.
So even at this uncomfortable position: Good light

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom