The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Just did a test drive ….

Local time
3:14 AM
Reaction score
Good afternoon everybody! I recently traded my 2022 Range Rover and 911 Turbo S and got my wife a G Wagon and son a bronco. So I am very familiar with the IG competition. I love the Bronco for what it is, the G Wagon for its rawness and swagger and the Rover because it was British racing green and just so damn sexy. However didn’t like the quality issues I was having with the RR.

But … now I don’t have a car and I’m driving the bronco until he turns 16 in January. I’ve done a TON of reading about the IG and honestly I was a little worried about driving it. Lots of bad press out there about steering, AC, speed warning etc. After driving it I can say that all my concerns are gone.

First, it’s a tank. Has a similar feel to my last land cruiser (previous gen). Heavy, rock solid, and purpose built. Second, I am fortunate to live two miles from what I think is the #1 volume IG dealer in the US. They have 20 on the lot, at least 10 of them are customized with Bead-Lock wheels, lifts, 33-35 inch tires etc. Salesman was very honest about the perceived RTC steering issue and said drive it and see what you think. We can always add a Fox Shock to eliminate it. After driving I really didn’t see an issue, but maybe if I add bigger tires. He also explained that the AC issue has been resolved and they have plenty of parts to fix going forward. Something about the length of the BMW cables being too short so they had to manufacture special ones for the IG. Don’t quote me on that. Also said there is some leaking from the safari windows that’s easily fixed with a better seal. All in all I feel he was honest and I’m comforted by the fact that I live a few miles from the dealer. As for the speed limit alert, he said the update is coming out in the next 30 days.

It was pouring down rain on Saturday at 2pm and the showroom was packed. It’s also a Nissan dealership and literally not one person was there for Nissan. I’d say there were 10+ people in the showroom either waiting to test drive or working a deal. Manager said they are selling 3-5 per day. Also said that they hired another three salespeople just for the IG showroom. We drove for about 30 minutes. Rough city streets, highway etc. No issues. Very similar to my son’s bronco.

My only gripe is the height of the driver’s seat. It seems to sit a little tall, but there’s a chance I didn’t adjust it right. Otherwise, I was super impressed. So much so that I’m going to purchase one Monday and take advantage of the low rate financing.

Cheers everybody!

Scott

Last edited:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:14 AM
Reaction score
Good afternoon everybody! I recently traded my 2022 Range Rover and 911 Turbo S and got my wife a G Wagon and son a bronco. So I am very familiar with the IG competition. I love the Bronco for what it is, the G Wagon for its rawness and swagger and the Rover because it was British racing green and just so damn sexy. However didn’t like the quality issues I was having with the RR.

But … now I don’t have a car and I’m driving the bronco until he turns 16 in January. I’ve done a TON of reading about the IG and honestly I was a little worried about driving it. Lots of bad press out there about steering, AC, speed warning etc. After driving it I can say that all my concerns are gone.

First, it’s a tank. Has a similar feel to my last land cruiser (previous gen). Heavy, rock solid, and purpose built. Second, I am fortunate to live two miles from what I think is the #1 volume IG dealer in the US. They have 20 on the lot, at least 10 of them are customized with Bead-Lock wheels, lifts, 33-35 inch tires etc. Salesman was very honest about the perceived RTC steering issue and said drive it and see what you think. We can always add a Fox Shock to eliminate it. After driving I really didn’t see an issue, but maybe if I add bigger tires. He also explained that the AC issue has been resolved and they have plenty of parts to fix going forward. Something about the length of the BMW cables being too short so they had to manufacture special ones for the IG. Don’t quote me on that. Also said there is some leaking from the safari windows that’s easily fixed with a better seal. All in all I feel he was honest and I’m comforted by the fact that I live a few miles from the dealer. As for the speed limit alert, he said the update is coming out in the next 30 days.

It was pouring down rain on Saturday at 2pm and the showroom was packed. It’s also a Nissan dealership and literally not one person was there for Nissan. I’d say there were 10+ people in the showroom either waiting to test drive or working a deal. Manager said they are selling 3-5 per day. Also said that they hired another three salespeople just for the IG showroom. We drove for about 30 minutes. Rough city streets, highway etc. No issues. Very similar to my son’s bronco.

My only gripe is the height of the driver’s seat. It seems to sit a little tall, but there’s a chance I didn’t adjust it right. Otherwise, I was super impressed. So much so that I’m going to purchase one Monday and take advantage of the low rate financing.

Cheers everybody!

Scott
Hi Palms197,
Love the transparency of your saleman/dealer. Interesting on the demand and sales. I figure the public is just beginning to catch the wave.
Your perception and experience in driving the Grenadier is dead on correct. Had mine since March 7, 2024. Freakin love it!
Have a great Monday or should I say, have a Great Grenadier Day. DaBull

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm very happy to hear that your dealer is successful. It's good for all of us if ineos gets volume up.

I have a former employee who is a vehicle tech for autonomous vehicles that helps me with modifications to my Grenadier. He is tracking aftermarket parts and told me that in the last month there is quite a bump in aftermarket parts.

Last edited:

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:14 AM
Reaction score
Quick update. After test drive this weekend, texted with my salesman Sunday and this morning about the build. Spoke to aftermarket rep and settled on Nitto Terra Grapper, Method 703s, Fox stabilizer, etc. Deposit placed last week. Got a call an hour ago saying that the vehicle was sold at noon. So much for reputable dealers…. Hard to do business with somebody that will blow up a potential lifelong relationship for a quick sale. Also, I didn’t negotiate price. Was paying full retail. Sad day …. Now I will lose out on promotional financing because they don’t have another in Donny Grey.
Can they grab another Donnie Gray from another Dealer, outfit it with what you want and still make the deal/ promotional financing? Trust broken though. Other buyer paying cash??
Reach out to another dealer directly yourself??
Feel for you !

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Definitely expand your search to other dealers, every dealer has units sitting on their lots ready to go. Regal in GA has quite a few

Local time
Reaction score
If you are tall the drivers seat set properly will put your head up high. 1) lower it a bit and get used to it being lower than feels correct for the eye line and the wheel height, 2) remove the visor and get something tinted and transparent, it'll buy you a valuable inch of glass, 3) I added a LightSight Prism, and its odd to use, but works when you're really under a traffic light. Hot rodders use them on chop top's.

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wish my dealer had a fix for the AC problem. They still have no idea it does what it does and told me that Ineos knows about the issue but do not know what the fix is.

Local time
Reaction score
I wish my dealer had a fix for the AC problem. They still have no idea it does what it does and told me that Ineos knows about the issue but do not know what the fix is.
I'd say an attorney. "Nothing, you're screwed" just isn't an option.

Kevin Mokracek

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'd say an attorney. "Nothing, you're screwed" just isn't an option.
They are trying to figure it out but haven't found a solution yet. It works most of the time lol. Its just when it doesn't work it fails fantastically.

S52

Local time
Reaction score
Quick update. After test drive this weekend, texted with my salesman Sunday and this morning about the build. Spoke to aftermarket rep and settled on Nitto Terra Grapper, Method 703s, Fox stabilizer, etc. Deposit placed last week. Got a call an hour ago saying that the vehicle was sold at noon. So much for reputable dealers…. Hard to do business with somebody that will blow up a potential lifelong relationship for a quick sale. Also, I didn’t negotiate price. Was paying full retail. Sad day …. Now I will lose out on promotional financing because they don’t have another in Donny Grey.
If it was Mossy they are pretty active at posting here. I'd be curious to read their response to your situation. Seems pretty scummy to sell the truck out from under you if you had indeed placed a deposit. Might be worth posting up there to see if they can make things right for you!

Here's their thread here:

https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...nadier-texas.12413651/page-15#post-1333289168

Local time
Reaction score
Can they grab another Donnie Gray from another Dealer, outfit it with what you want and still make the deal/ promotional financing? Trust broken though. Other buyer paying cash??
Reach out to another dealer directly yourself??
Feel for you !
Cash doesn't work in the buyers favor. The dealer gets a couple point on any typical loan they generate. Cash is a loss.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wow, that is unfortunate. What a slimy move by the sales team. Hopefully, you can get it sorted or move on to a different dealership.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:14 AM
Reaction score
Call Sewell Ineos Grenadier in Plano Texas. They may have what you want. 469-366-1700.

jesmor3

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:14 AM
Reaction score
If you are tall the drivers seat set properly will put your head up high. 1) lower it a bit and get used to it being lower than feels correct for the eye line and the wheel height, 2) remove the visor and get something tinted and transparent, it'll buy you a valuable inch of glass, 3) I added a LightSight Prism, and its odd to use, but works when you're really under a traffic light. Hot rodders use them on chop top's.
THANK YOU! I’ve been pondering how to solve the traffic light problem lol. My girlfriend asked me how bad it really is and to show her by stopping back from the light when it disappeared from my view. . . I stopped about 50’ from the intersection line lol. Just ordered one of these, thanks!

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
THANK YOU! I’ve been pondering how to solve the traffic light problem lol. My girlfriend asked me how bad it really is and to show her by stopping back from the light when it disappeared from my view. . . I stopped about 50’ from the intersection line lol. Just ordered one of these, thanks!
Wait till you realize using them on the side windows is useless. The angle of the bracket on the roof makes them angle up and they are literally useless. 😆 OH and they are way too short and don't slide. My 99 100 Series L.C. has better sun visors. 😆

Local time
Reaction score
Whats going to real awkward is when the person who bought the donny grey shows up on forum. They will be like, just bought a DG with nitto tires on method wheels.
They came in, said I want that truck, and bought it. What did they do? It isn't like they bought someones child. Assuming all is as presented, he's got a beef with the salesman.

Back
Top Bottom