The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Just bought my Grenadier today! Side Step question!

HOF-Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:26 AM
Reaction score
Hello All, ....Just bought a Grenadier today...should be delivered in a week or so. Going to be the first Grenadier in Canton, Ohio, I'm sure!

It is coming with rock sliders and I definitely need side steps, can both be used?, and if I have to take the sliders off, are there OEM steps from Ineos...., and if not, what Aftermarket steps are there.... and are they bolt on or do I need to modify something?

Hope to be on the forum frequently, I'll post pics when it gets to Ohio (from Cali!)

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome!

There are definitely factory steps (it is a tubular step); but only one thing can be mounted to the same location at a time (either sliders or steps). There are plenty of step options in the aftermarket, here's one thread and here's another to get your research started

Local time
Reaction score
Welcome!

There are definitely factory steps (it is a tubular step); but only one thing can be mounted to the same location at a time (either sliders or steps). There are plenty of step options in the aftermarket, here's one thread and here's another to get your research started
I have buzz overland. Solid and functional

Walter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After a long time researching, I finally ordered the Buzz Overland step (which also works as a slider) from OK4WD. Their next shipment will be in December

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
Back when I ordered my Grenadier there wasn't much available in the way of aftermarket steps and so I ordered the side steps being a fellow of a certain age.

If I had it to do over again I would have ordered it with the rock sliders and had someone locally fit a step. I find the steps a bit low and the sliders too high, and not intended to be steps.

Whether it is rock sliders, or steps they will be installed by your dealer when it is delivered so if you find something in the aftermarket you like better perhaps reach out to the dealer and explain you don't want them and save the cost and installation for an aftermarket set you like.

HOF-Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Back when I ordered my Grenadier there wasn't much available in the way of aftermarket steps and so I ordered the side steps being a fellow of a certain age.

If I had it to do over again I would have ordered it with the rock sliders and had someone locally fit a step. I find the steps a bit low and the sliders too high, and not intended to be steps.

Whether it is rock sliders, or steps they will be installed by your dealer when it is delivered so if you find something in the aftermarket you like better perhaps reach out to the dealer and explain you don't want them and save the cost and installation for an aftermarket set you like.
Thank you....Mine is coming with sliders that came with the truck when it was new....I actually bought it through a used car dealership. The truck has 1,300 miles and was delivered new in February of this year...

As I am in Ohio, the closest dealer is Philadelphia or Chicago, Although it appears a dealership is coming to Columbus, Ohio.

So for now it looks like I'll have a local shop remove the sliders and install whatever steps or steps/slider combo that I buy. But from looking at the threads there are alot of options....Looks like it might be hard deciding!

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
Thank you....Mine is coming with sliders that came with the truck when it was new....I actually bought it through a used car dealership. The truck has 1,300 miles and was delivered new in February of this year...

As I am in Ohio, the closest dealer is Philadelphia or Chicago, Although it appears a dealership is coming to Columbus, Ohio.

So for now it looks like I'll have a local shop remove the sliders and install whatever steps or steps/slider combo that I buy. But from looking at the threads there are alot of options....Looks like it might be hard deciding!
I see. I would try to live with those for a while and if they are too high, perhaps find a fabricator near your city do you do an add-on.

If that is not an option perhaps look to the aftermarket and see if there is a combination slider / step that you like better.

Here is a similar conversation that you might gain some insight from.

Thread 'Steps for factory rock sliders' https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/steps-for-factory-rock-sliders.12415620/

HOF-Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I see. I would try to live with those for a while and if they are too high, perhaps find a fabricator near your city do you do an add-on.

If that is not an option perhaps look to the aftermarket and see if there is a combination slider / step that you like better.
So far, after searching for a few hours, I think I like the looks of the Urban Automotive Black Powder Coated Dual Tube Side Steps ($1,349)....anyone else have any pics of those installed?

Back
Top Bottom