The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Is it possible to turn off seatbelt alarms?

ipcrss

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:31 PM
Reaction score
I bought 2 from temu and they are of such poor quality they are unusable. The metal part is very thin and bends easily and the latch part either does not latch or refuses to unlatch. Only used on the farm....or now not used until I get better quality ones.

Attachments

• seat belt extenders.jpg
    seat belt extenders.jpg
    816.9 KB · Views: 6

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:31 AM
Reaction score
I always have all my seat belts fastened in their buckles, both in the back seat and the passenger seat. But I use my driver seat belt as intended, as I consider it a life saver. It's an automatic gesture to fasten it when I get behind the wheel. I don't even remember that I fastened the seat belt. But if I forget, I immediately have the uncomfortable feeling that I missed something.

The passengers in my car are completely free to use the belts or not. However, if they don't use them, they have to walk.

It's that simple.

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:31 PM
Reaction score
I used to track cars and just had a seatbelt clip (no webbing or strap) that I’d click into the retainer to avoid the alarm. This would allow me to use my racing harness for track time. You could could probably find just the standard clips online, if not any junkyard would have something, just cut the belt off and you’re good to go!

csjeeper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I always have all my seat belts fastened in their buckles, both in the back seat and the passenger seat. But I use my driver seat belt as intended, as I consider it a life saver. It's an automatic gesture to fasten it when I get behind the wheel. I don't even remember that I fastened the seat belt. But if I forget, I immediately have the uncomfortable feeling that I missed something.

The passengers in my car are completely free to use the belts or not. However, if they don't use them, they have to walk.

It's that simple.
You are absolutely right! I feel the same way on public roads, but I decide whether to wear my seatbelt for the next 50 m or not! It's job-related and I don't need the fucking reminder ringing all the time while I'm driving in a restricted area.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

It's that simple.
And it is not easy to explain someone who sits on the back bench that it matters whether he has its seat belt on or not.
I once explained my mother in law very detailed what would happen with me as a driver when I hit something hard with just 50 km/h while she sits behind me with her elves like body without a seatbelt. Some people don’t understand that that their impulse (mass x velocity) is quite high even if they don’t feel it because they move along with the car they sit in…

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:31 PM
Reaction score
And it is not easy to explain someone who sits on the back bench that it matters whether he has its seat belt on or not.
I once explained my mother in law very detailed what would happen with me as a driver when I hit something hard with just 50 km/h while she sits behind me with her elves like body without a seatbelt. Some people don’t understand that that their impulse (mass x velocity) is quite high even if they don’t feel it because they move along with the car they sit in…
I'm not explaining that to the mother in law, she'll never wear one again sat behind me!!🤣

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:31 PM
Reaction score
Explanation please: Is the speed sensor only in USA?...I recall it being in Japan late 80's and not being able to turn it off...is it mandatory on all vehicles in the States? if not, why can't it be disabled on the Gren? Just curious (y)

Back
Top Bottom