The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Insurance renewal

Northumbrian Ineos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score
Hi,
I would appreciate any comments about insurance rates.
I insured my Grenadier Fieldmaster at collection at the end of April. NFU quoted £640 and then there was 13.5% loyalty discount to come off + Insurance tax) and I was happy with this that was way through my insured period and now the annual renewal has come in at £892.83 (now less 12%) + Insurance tax. This is for 15,000 annual miles, I have an 8 Year NCD, two drivers, me (71) my wife 65 with no points on our licences and no claims in the last 5 years.
This seems very steep - any views?
Thanks
John
Good Morning John

My fieldmaster was only slightly more than the 64 plate defender it replaced in June last year, however when it came to renewal time, the nodding dog said ooohhhh no no no and declined to insure, stating that the underwriters refused to insure this vehicle, a few other companies would not quote and others were scary, like £2500 scary!!

I got it insured in the end but had increased £150 from last year, and there were no changes to my circumstances like claims or points. I wonder if anyone knows why they are hard to insure,

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:45 PM
Reaction score
Good Morning John

My fieldmaster was only slightly more than the 64 plate defender it replaced in June last year, however when it came to renewal time, the nodding dog said ooohhhh no no no and declined to insure, stating that the underwriters refused to insure this vehicle, a few other companies would not quote and others were scary, like £2500 scary!!

I got it insured in the end but had increased £150 from last year, and there were no changes to my circumstances like claims or points. I wonder if anyone knows why they are hard to insure,
Hi Gents
My first Fieldmaster collected May 10th 2023 came out at £440 with Churchill. Me 61 wife 62 full NCB rural home , 10 k pa.
Tracker fitted but not required.

This insurance lapsed while it sat broken at the agent . My new warranty replacement car is ready this week and I have stayed with Churchill at £578 with a £925 total excess. Admital gold were marginally better on premium and excess, but Churchill were fanatastic when some twat hit my car just after covid ( when everyone was learning to drive again).
Didnt think this was bad given the value of the car has gone up to £79k

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I suspect they don't fully understand the risk factors as yet.
My 12 months renewal with LV on fully specced Station Wagon was up less than £100.00 on first years cover. Considering the current insurance market in UK, I was OK with that.
I do have to have a tracker but the only requirement from LV regarding tracker was, live tracking. the system did not have to be monitored or Thatcham approved. Bought one from Amazon for £40.00 plus cost of sim card.

One other thing of note. By changing my parking from INSIDE my garage, to On the drive, my premium was reduced!

Last edited:

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Good Morning John

Now insured with……?

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if station wagon and utility wagon insured under van commercial insurance is more expensive than the Fieldmaster?

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good Morning John

All interesting, it seems that the insurance industry are jumping on the bandwagon of jacking up premiums for 4x4 vehicles fuelled by the theft issues on Range Rovers. The quantum of claims on Grenadiers will be low in my view and we are suffering with no good reason. My renewal in November will be interesting and it could be bye bye to the NFU if they push it further unreasonably.
Cheers,
John

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
1:45 PM
Reaction score
I've just been soliciting quotes for bundled Auto, Home, Umbrella. I live on the Gulf Coast (Houston) and have my son (male 22) on my policy. Currently with Progressive but Auto has gone up 25% and Home 35%.

Geico, Travelers, Hartford, and Elephant couldn't quote on the IG, not in their database yet. So far Allstate and State Farm are the most competitive, although State Farm has a 5% deductible on Hurricane.

Back
Top Bottom