The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

INEOS GRENADIER TAKES THE SILK ROAD TO CHINA

INEOS GRENADIER TAKES THE SILK ROAD TO CHINA

• Award-winning Grenadier 4X4 launches in China, demonstrating commitment to the world’s largest automotive market
  • “In a market bursting with new homegrown EVs and driverless vehicles, we’re introducing something very different, very eye-catching, counter to the prevailing trend,” says Lynn Calder, CEO of INEOS Automotive. “China has such huge potential to become one of our top sales markets and I see this as a very exciting step.”
  • First wave of customer deliveries will begin by the end of October
  • Full sales and service centres open in Beijing and Chengdu, with more to follow

Beijing, 25 September 2024 –Blazing a new trailto one of the most important global automotive markets, the INEOS Grenadier 4X4 has launched in China following worldwide acclaim and multiple award wins in the US and Europe.

The Grenadier’s arrival in China follows the successful introduction of INEOS Automotive in over 40 countries worldwide – including in Mexico last week – and sets a new benchmark for premium 4X4s in the market.

“Over the past 18 months, the Grenadier has been met with an incredibly positive response from every market we’ve launched in, so we’re thrilled to now bring it to China,” says Lynn Calder, CEO of INEOS Automotive. “In a market bursting with new homegrown EVs and driverless vehicles, we’re introducing something very different, very eye-catching, counter to the prevailing trend. We spent a long time planning this launch and have been working with a strong team locally, so that we can hit the ground running. China has such huge potential to become one of our top sales markets and I see this as a very exciting step.”

From launch, the Grenadier will initially be available from four retail sites. Stores in Beijing and Chengdu are already welcoming customers, with sites in Shanghai and Guangzhou opening within the next four weeks. As well as a full brand and retail experience, these sites will also provide customers with comprehensive and robust aftersales support.

INEOS Automotive has spent two years planning the Grenadier’s introduction to China, including establishing a national sales company and recruiting a team to work with strong local retail partners to build solid foundations ahead of the start of sales. Committing significant commercial and technical resources represents a major investment into the long-term strategy for the INEOS Grenadier in China.

A first wave of customer deliveries will start before the end of October with pricing starting at 808,000 CNY.

Having established strong businesses in other key regions – the UK, North America, South Africa, Australia and Europe – INEOS Automotive’s subsidiary business in China is its first in Asia, representing a significant new addition to its global sales footprint.

INEOS Grenadier China Launch Event - Beijing 4.jpeg

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:58 PM
Reaction score
The three guys to the left are rocking the sports jacket and sneakers look! Clearly all read the memo.

Unless they are photobombers.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:58 AM
Reaction score
Beijing Press Release - 27th September 2024.

Chinese car faker Xiaohong Bingang releases new built for purpose 4wd unlike anything else in the market.

IMG_6798.jpeg

Xiaohong’s head of marketing says “In a market bursting with new homegrown EVs and driverless vehicles, we’re introducing something very different, very eye-catching, counter to the prevailing trend. We spent a long time planning this launch and have been working with a strong team locally, so that we can hit the ground running. We expect to sell hundreds and thousands of these across the planet.”

When asked if he thought their vehicle may have taken cues from any other trial blazing manufacturer, he was quoted saying “Ineos Grenadier - nup, never heard of it.”

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Etsy , ebay and Temu just had an orgasm ;)
Let the pimp out begin!

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Going into another market is great, I hope Ineos succeed. I just hope they get their shit together and fix everything first. Please don’t give the UK/France/Germany a bad reputation for building cars.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:58 PM
Reaction score
I was watching Larry Chen on the Hegarty YT channel, and there was a guy in HK with 3 Grenadiers in the garage and this was a few months ago. Must have imported them from Europe.

Gaffer

Forum Donor
Local time
5:58 PM
Reaction score
When Lee Iococca announced Jeep's entry to China, he touted the possibility of high sales to Chinese. It occurred to some that Chinese might not be able to afford the vehicles but, if any elements of Jeeps are made there, then the technology would be convenient to copy.

The rest is history.

Walter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:58 PM
Reaction score
It seems like the Defender is doing quite well in China.
The Defender Official Even Sep 20-22, 2024
IMG_4629.jpg
IMG_4627.jpg
IMG_4628.jpg
IMG_4630.jpg
IMG_4631.jpg
IMG_4632.jpg
IMG_4633.jpg
The price range for a 2024 Defender 110 in China is between $110,000 USD to $130,000 USD, which is exactly the same price range as the Grenadier. If they can afford a Defender they can afford a Grenadier.

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was in Shanghai three months ago and I'd estimate 1 in 5 cars I saw on the road were from a German manufacturer. I saw very few cars that were more than 2-3 years old in town (with a population of 24 million!), I had to travel out of the city to see my first banger. There's cash waiting in the Chinese car market for sure, especially for a vehicle that'll offer exclusivity in a sea of clones.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It seems like the Defender is doing quite well in China.
The price range for a 2024 Defender 110 in China is between $110,000 USD to $130,000 USD, which is exactly the same price range as the Grenadier. If they can afford a Defender they can afford a Grenadier.
But which one works better than horny goat weed?

Back
Top Bottom