The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Idle speculation on the cause of the delay..

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:23 PM
Reaction score
I don’t know anything more than the next guy, but my gut says no vehicles will be in customer’s hands until March 1. There is probably some odd “embargo” type thing or weird agreement between some entities. Again, I know nothing, just a feeling.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:23 AM
Reaction score
I don’t know anything more than the next guy, but my gut says no vehicles will be in customer’s hands until March 1. There is probably some odd “embargo” type thing or weird agreement between some entities. Again, I know nothing, just a feeling.
I wonder if some part of this may be “ Hard Way Home” release timing. These were supposed to be the first handovers were they not?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if some part of this may be “ Hard Way Home” release timing. These were supposed to be the first handovers were they not?
A very reasonable theory! There's been nary a word of progress since the big splash regarding who had been selected...
Dare I refer to an old joke about Volvos....the claim was that 90% of all Volvos ever produced were "still on the road"...to which one wag replied... "that may well be true which means only 10% actually made it home" :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
the claim was that 90% of all Volvos ever produced were "still on the road".
Gee that's bold ; Porsche only claim 70%
The claim that they've made for the past 30 years...

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:23 PM
Reaction score
The advantage of learning martial arts instead of pumping iron at the gym is the basic skills always stay with you.
I agree with this, you keep some skills. I have never been involved in a street fight, but several times very close. When somebody gets verbally aggressive, I walk towards him and try to stay within grip distance and I look unscared in his eyes (although I am scared). They are always very surprised by my behaviour.
Judoka's don't learn to kick, but we need to grip the person, therefore the very close distance!
And luckily for Europe, at least western Europe: very few weapons!

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I agree with this, you keep some skills. I have never been involved in a street fight, but several times very close. When somebody gets verbally aggressive, I walk towards him and try to stay within grip distance and I look unscared in his eyes (although I am scared). They are always very surprised by my behaviour.
Judoka's don't learn to kick, but we need to grip the person, therefore the very close distance!
Hmmmm, particularly at our age de-escalation should always be the first thought.
Launching in first with a front kick can get you killed if the other guy has half a clue, or on the wrong side of the law at best.

I’m about to head off now to training with a 7th dan in my style who is the head in Italy- over here on holiday. Should be fun.

Last edited:

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Hard Way Home was much touted as being imminent but so far nothing has come from it.......so March the 1st?
The Hard Way Home this week introduced us to the guides for each of the lucky drivers. So something is happening. Check out your socials or the Ineos Grenadier website.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I also avoid fights and have been in only a few over the years
my instructor said that if you look like a victim you will become one.
I once had a stupid altercation in a bar and the guy next to me grabbed my shoulder, I applied an arm bar and put his face gently on the counter top.
Neither of us were hurt, i offered to buy him a drink to replace the one my pissed workmate had spilt and we were good from there
Less force and more control is usually the best result

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hmmmm, particularly at our age de-escalation should always be the first thought.
Launching in first with a front kick can get you killed if the other guy has half a clue, or on the wrong side of the law at best.

I’m about to head off now to training with a 7th dan in my style who is the head in Italy- over here on holiday. Should be fun.
When the person is three metres away and charging there is no time for thought.
I am never aggressive but I have found the more you train the less situations you end up in.
We moved to a new house and the neigbhours dog was barking like crazy.
I went over and the neighbour met me on the driveway.
After a pleasant discussion i came home and said to my wife the neighbour does martial arts.
I just could feel it.
from 20 metres away.

Talking with him days later he had rained in Win Chun for 25 years.
we became friends

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:23 PM
Reaction score
I received an email from the Ineos agent yesterday saying that they have nearly completed their designated display room for the soon to arrive Grenadier...he also spoke of contracts...but is it something that Ineos are wanting, to have all the agent/dealer's showrooms up and running?...it would make sense from a professional point of view...he made it clear that we at this stage can have an appraisal of our vehicle that we wish to trade...things are moving in the right direction...happy times ahead ;)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:23 PM
Reaction score
I'd like to think that any delay, especially if software related, has to do with how the use of the axle diff locks is tied in to each other and with the use of centre diff and low range.

Ineos seem to have designed in a series of single point failures with making various operations wholly reliant on software. Absolutely bizarre when you think back to all the statements about removing complexity, back to basics functionality and analogue simplicity.

The issues were illustrated with the Scottish reviews, both in the apparent confusion of some journos as to whether the axle locks were in or not and the HDC not being able to function until other systems/sensors confirmed diff locks were disengaged.

It seems to be a software house of cards in terms of the logic tree they have constructed.

The front diff will not lock with knowing the rear diff has been locked first, so, if you have a fault with the rear diff lock (or just the i/o signal to/from a sensor) then you also loose the use of a perfectly good front diff lock.

Loose the use of either the centre diff lock or the low range (or just the i/o signal to/from a sensor) and you then loose use of both axle diff locks.

It seems the complete opposite of building in redundancy in systems.

Yes there's the argument about why use a front locker before a rear or even before the centre diff but better to apply that as a driver input and retain the ability to override it if circumstances dictate it.

It all rather reminds me of the ASPW comments when taking out his ABS/wheel speed sensor and what a similar fault would do to a new Defender.

Back
Top Bottom