The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

I present the Auto Start/Stop Temporary fix

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:22 PM
Reaction score
So, for everyone who wants Auto Start/Stop to stay off, I have a Jerry Rigged has worked for the last three days solution. I’d love to have longer term data, but 72 hours is what I have so far with no fault codes.

I bent a little sheet metal just thick enough to slid in under the button, than depressed the button, the Auto Start/Stop button now stays in the depressed position due to the friction of the little metal shim.

It is L shaped, so it can’t slip inside the button cavity.

I make no claim this is “good” or “not good” only that after 3 days it’s still in the “off” position.

Attachments

• IMG_3849.jpeg
    IMG_3849.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3851.jpeg
    IMG_3851.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:22 PM
Reaction score
Brilliant. 👍🏻. IA really should have put a toggle switch there.
If and when they figure out how they are going to resolve all my issues, I will be putting in a bypass toggle switch. But first I need to pull the panel and look at the connector. It’s possible one of the BMW jumper harnesses will do the job

GrenadierUSA

CNC Machine Shop
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
7:22 PM
Reaction score
Mine stopped turning the engine off all on its own! The engine has not auto-stopped in 3 months. I have no idea why and have had zero issues with anything else electrical.

Local time
7:22 PM
Reaction score
I just wish it wasn’t as aggressive. I’m not sure I’m always at a full stop. :) My ford waits a bit. Other than that. I push the button.

Back
Top Bottom