The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How do we feel about sexist remarks on the forum ?

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:27 PM
Reaction score
That's what I did with my picture, because Jean is ... male or female? :cool:
I'm not a social media type - and no idea why people adopt odd names to hide behind (and no idea why I did this as well). I was thinking that real names would have made more sense, removed the likelihood of causing confusion. But you have shown me why this is still not straightforward :)

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
I admit I haven’t read this entire thread, but, is gender a real issue for this forum?

Bill

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I admit I haven’t read this entire thread, but, is gender a real issue for this forum?

Bill
Apparently a couple of gender based comments have been seen.... can't honestly say I've seen any (apart from, maybe, a couple of things in the joke thread were a bit close to the edge), But if there is a perception of any form of discrimination - against anyone - for any reason - then I believe it should be pointed out and good manners prevail.

ANNML

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score

Bill
As a newer female to the forum, I haven’t felt it at all — which is why I posted on this older thread I came across.

Coullabus mentions above that the joke thread might be close to the edge at times. I haven’t read that thread yet but I’m 100% certain nothing in that thread would bother me. I’ve spent a lot of time around guys who know they don’t need to edit themselves around me — and I absolutely love witnessing their scathing debauchery of the worst kind.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:27 PM
Reaction score

Bill
Seems like some have to worry about something not worth worrying about.
When growing up we were told that "Sticks and stones may break our bones but, words will never hurt us".
Sadly, many people have never learned that.
OMG, I hurt my own feelings.....:)

Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
Discussing your bowl movements at a dinner with customers isn't going to hurt anyone either, but that isn't the point. It's just foul and classless and it gets you dropped. Same thing with the ---ism's. If someone busts out in an ---ism, I hope management just quietly but swiftly axes them. It's like pulling weeds in the garden. What remains is healthier, vibrant and more productive when it's not competing for "space".

Mitchell300

GG-741
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not a social media type - and no idea why people adopt odd names to hide behind (and no idea why I did this as well). I was thinking that real names would have made more sense, removed the likelihood of causing confusion. But you have shown me why this is still not straightforward :)
Are you saying I didn’t need to spend 2 months thinking up my daft name before joining the forum ? 😂😂😂

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:27 AM
Reaction score
Coullabus mentions above that the joke thread might be close to the edge at times.
Pretty tame ,mostly 😉
1000027233.jpg

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Discussing your bowl movements at a dinner with customers isn't going to hurt anyone either, but that isn't the point. It's just foul and classless and it gets you dropped. Same thing with the ---ism's. If someone busts out in an ---ism, I hope management just quietly but swiftly axes them. It's like pulling weeds in the garden. What remains is healthier, vibrant and more productive when it's not competing for "space".
Hear hear.

Back
Top Bottom