The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Help - poor visibility for tall drivers

Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
I thought that since the Grenadier is designed to be hosed down on the inside that having power seats may cause issues. Also it becomes another point of failure in a vehicle that is meant to be fixable in the field.
Exactly how much hosing do you plan on doing? Is the local VFD practicing on it? There are critical electrical components under the rear seat, and in the dash anyway, and besides, adjustments don’t require they be electric. Recaro makes manual seats too.

Come to think of it, aren’t many switches for door windows and locks now potted in all cars for operational safety in flooding? It ain’t that hard to make ‘em economically.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:22 PM
Reaction score
The manual seats were almost a dealbreaker for me! Come on Ineos. Decide what you want to be when you grow up please.
I don’t think you’re grasping the concept of a serious, utilitarian 4x4. It’s not trying to be a Lexus or Range Rover. A power seat is just one more thing to break in the back country. Omitting a seat motor allows for a little more storage, a little less weight and a heavier seat frame. Ineos decided the Grenadier would be purpose built when it grew up. It was intentionally designed to be utilitarian. The omission of power seats was decidedly intentional. Set it and forget it.

IMG_1233.jpeg

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:22 AM
Reaction score
Of course you are correct.
On the flip side, many people will want to upgrade to fancy sound systems, deep pile carpet and electric seats. No issues with that.
You can buy recaro upgrades such as electric seat bases or lumbar support if that is your thing.

Back
Top Bottom