The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Hello from Colorado! Considering a Grenadier!

ColoradoMike

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:21 PM
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

We are considering a Grenadier for a new off road vehicle. While I am not a stranger to off roading I am new to the whole Ineos Grenadier platform. My wife and I saw a car carrier full of them while we were getting some service done at another dealership. My wife and I had never heard of the Grenadier and now we are considering purchasing one. We plan on using it for traveling the country and exploring the areas that most folks do not travel to. I had a 1993 YJ that I loved and did all the modifications to but sold it 5 years ago and purchased a 2019 Toyota Tacoma off road that I have done all the modifications to as well.

Excited to be here!

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:21 PM
Reaction score
Hi and welcome...I am a Trialmaster owner and have been an enthusiast of anything that can take me off-road and into the ocean..cars, bikes, trucks, surfboards and boats. I have had different off-road vehicles since the 70's and I am still the owner of the Series II Land Rover hence the liking of the Grenadier. I would truly recommend the Grenadier if I knew exactly what you want from your next 4x4 vehicle. The Grenadier, I have watched the whole process since 2017 and decided it was for me around 2021. It is a special beast with lots of character and extraordinary ability straight off the shelf. I am glad you are excited to be here and hope that spills over to the purchase of a Grenadier if it is what you are looking for. My Trialmaster is stock standard with a little over a year and 30000klm under her belt. Test drive and test drive again, as they say, measure twice and cut once...Good luck to you both:)

ColoradoMike

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi and welcome...I am a Trialmaster owner and have been an enthusiast of anything that can take me off-road and into the ocean..cars, bikes, trucks, surfboards and boats. I have had different off-road vehicles since the 70's and I am still the owner of the Series II Land Rover hence the liking of the Grenadier. I would truly recommend the Grenadier if I knew exactly what you want from your next 4x4 vehicle. The Grenadier, I have watched the whole process since 2017 and decided it was for me around 2021. It is a special beast with lots of character and extraordinary ability straight off the shelf. I am glad you are excited to be here and hope that spills over to the purchase of a Grenadier if it is what you are looking for. My Trialmaster is stock standard with a little over a year and 30000klm under her belt. Test drive and test drive again, as they say, measure twice and cut once...Good luck to you both:)
Thanks Max! I will be doing a test drive this week! Fortunately for us we have a dealer here within 30 minutes! This is a potential to be our retirement off-road traveling vehicle. Since you own one, do you have any issues with the turning radius? I hear that is a huge complaint on YouTube and in some other online reviews. Also....what would you have elected to do differently with your purchase?

Thanks a ton!

Reactions: Max

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:21 PM
Reaction score
Thanks Max! I will be doing a test drive this week! Fortunately for us we have a dealer here within 30 minutes! This is a potential to be our retirement off-road traveling vehicle. Since you own one, do you have any issues with the turning radius? I hear that is a huge complaint on YouTube and in some other online reviews. Also....what would you have elected to do differently with your purchase?

Thanks a ton!
Well, it seems we have the same idea with the vehicle. The radius has never been an issue, it is big but I expected that so I don't have any problems. I haven't done anything to the Gren except added the side steps, not getting any younger and it is a tall truck, added the rear door table, about to set up a solar charging system, not a permanent panel but have it so I can use it when needed. We only pack for the trip we're about to do so It is all fairly modular with nothing permanently fixed. My wife and I traveled OZ for a year which taught us that less is more but we have upgraded to a portable fridge but still not fixed permanently. I haven't and won't lift it but have bashed the undercarriage a few times which was rookie-era. Hope all goes well for you guys, the pic is on a beach called Rainbow Beach and the Gren just eats up the sand with the right tyre pressure and right foot pressure, love this truck...Cheers Max.

Attachments

• IMG_6507.jpg
    IMG_6507.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18

undert0e

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome. New owner myself out on the western slope. Purchased my IG from Red Noland and had a great experience. Top notch staff pretty smooth buying/trade in experience. I would say that being close to a dealership is a plus for you. I’m sure you have seen there have been owners who have received vehicles with issues and needed to be taken into the dealership and addressed. I think these issues are few and far between, but in a forum such as this you get to see all the discrepancies owners are dealing with. I myself haven’t had anything pop up out of the ordinary ( I did have the AC start blowing hot air once, but that remedied itself and has not presented again). This is a new production vehicle and it seems to be going through some of these growing pains. I had big plans to lift my IG, but in light of a few driveline concerns I have decided to wait and see what, if anything Ineos decides to do. The vehicle is fun to drive and makes me smile when I see it. It’s a very capable offroad rig off the lot, but based on my terrain and usage I will be upgrading/adding to the underbody protection. The aftermarket scene seems to be growing by the day and there are a bunch of cool companies pumping out products. Owl, Agile, Goose Gear, RRE global, Leitner just to name a few.
Send it!!

Attachments

• IMG_3090.jpeg
    IMG_3090.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 16

ColoradoMike

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! We had a blast test driving the IG! Spent about an hour our so driving it and I had a grin from ear to ear! The “return to center” thing folks talk about with the steering was a non-issue for me. Once you know about it and drive a turn or two it is second nature to turn and was never a distraction.

I’ll be honest, I was expecting a noisy unrefined drive….I got the exact opposite! Quite noisy from 75 to 85 mph but about the same as my Tacoma with its roof rack with or without my rifle cases.

Still looking into other options in the price range but the IG is one of my top choices!

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:21 PM
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

We are considering a Grenadier for a new off road vehicle. While I am not a stranger to off roading I am new to the whole Ineos Grenadier platform. My wife and I saw a car carrier full of them while we were getting some service done at another dealership. My wife and I had never heard of the Grenadier and now we are considering purchasing one. We plan on using it for traveling the country and exploring the areas that most folks do not travel to. I had a 1993 YJ that I loved and did all the modifications to but sold it 5 years ago and purchased a 2019 Toyota Tacoma off road that I have done all the modifications to as well.

Excited to be here!
If you want to see it being put to the test in Australia by Ronny Dahl, start viewing. The summary: fit for purpose. I have just returned from an Australian Outback trip and come across quite a few Grenadiers out here as well.

View: https://youtu.be/x-Y7DNMUwAI

View: https://youtu.be/5JP6U7twA3Y

View: https://youtu.be/mDSMF_WYvCg

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:21 PM
Reaction score
It is a great vehicle, I picked mine up from Red Noland in March and drove it back to Durango in snow storm for part of the drive, it fantastic in all seasons. Steering on mine has been great, it blast to drive around San Juans.

Also Red Noland is a great team to work with, LeNita and Chris took care of me, even picked me up from the Airport after mess that day getting into Colorado Springs ( divert to DIA due to weather)

You will have fun wrenching on it as well since as people have said there are lot of companies coming online to support it, even with suspension solutions like Metalcloak, Eibach, King Shocks, + Gas tank extensions like Long Range America I am sure we see few more in the future.

Last edited:

ColoradoMike

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you want to see it being put to the test in Australia by Ronny Dahl, start viewing. The summary: fit for purpose. I have just returned from an Australian Outback trip and come across quite a few Grenadiers out here as well.

View: https://youtu.be/x-Y7DNMUwAI

View: https://youtu.be/5JP6U7twA3Y

View: https://youtu.be/mDSMF_WYvCg
Thanks for the videos! I have watched them all multiple times and find the information second to none!

We have a few here that are "just about right" for us and deciding on a few things we can live with/without if we were to take delivery soon.

I personally LOVE the Safari Windows...any Pro's or Con's with them?

ColoradoMike

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It is a great vehicle, I picked mine up from Red Noland in March and drove it back to Durango in snow storm for part of the drive, it fantastic in all seasons. Steering on mine has been great, it blast to drive around San Juans.

Also Red Noland is a great team to work with, LeNita and Chris took care of me, even picked me up from the Airport after mess that day getting into Colorado Springs ( divert to DIA due to weather)

You have fun wrenching on it as well since as people have said there are lot of companies coming online to support it, even with suspension solutions like Metalcloak, Eibach, King Shocks, + Gas tank extensions like Long Range America I am sure we see few more in the future.
Thanks Angstorms! Durango area used to be a stomping ground for me for wheeling ('93 Jeep YJ) and doing a TON of fishing!

I am looking forward to the wrenching aspect of the Grenadier! As I said earlier we are looking at all the different vehicles in the price range. The vehicles we are considering are the 2024 LR Defender 110, Lexus GX550 Overtrail, and the Toyota Land Cruiser (we have written this off for a few reasons).

I have only heard great things about Red Noland for the Ineos Dealership. So far, they have been absolutely oustanding and I do feel fortunate that they are literally a 30 min drive to them....that is HUGE for us!

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:21 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for the videos! I have watched them all multiple times and find the information second to none!

We have a few here that are "just about right" for us and deciding on a few things we can live with/without if we were to take delivery soon.

I personally LOVE the Safari Windows...any Pro's or Con's with them?
Sometimes the Safari windows seals can leak. Search the forum.

The other issue can be too much sun, but that will vary depending on where you live.

John Acosta

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:21 PM
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Excited to be here!
Welcome! I recently purchased one although I had a deposit down three years ago and got the call in Dec. of 2023 stating that my truck had arrived. I initially backed out because the car was so new to the market and was worried. However, my love and attraction continued to grow. I would stop in at my local IG dealer and just look at them in awe! Mind you I’ve owned vintage Land Rovers , I.e. 95 D90, 03 disco, etc. I was really looking for this type of rig but without the maintenance headaches. So far the IG has been great. Sure there are some issues. First week of ownership the air blew less than cold air n the front and hot through the rear vents, the rear doors in the cargo area have to be slammed in order for the sensors to work properly. All this was sorted by the dealer in a few days. Luckily I am fortunate to have a dealer in the city I live but this could be an issue for folks that live hours away from an IG dealership. All in all I would buy again. I am enjoying the truck and love its rugged looks. When you think of what you’re getting for the money nothing else compares unless you’re willing to shell out 250k for a bespoke 110 defender.

ColoradoMike

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sometimes the Safari windows seals can leak. Search the forum.

The other issue can be too much sun, but that will vary depending on where you live.
I will do a search for that. I really do like the upper view from the Safari windows.....reminds me of my old aircraft! Too much sun wouldn't be an issue for us as we tint or cover windows for use here in Colorado where we get 300+days of sun...on the days we dont it is a bunch of snow which is great!

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:21 PM
Reaction score
Thanks Angstorms! Durango area used to be a stomping ground for me for wheeling ('93 Jeep YJ) and doing a TON of fishing!

I am looking forward to the wrenching aspect of the Grenadier! As I said earlier we are looking at all the different vehicles in the price range. The vehicles we are considering are the 2024 LR Defender 110, Lexus GX550 Overtrail, and the Toyota Land Cruiser (we have written this off for a few reasons).

I have only heard great things about Red Noland for the Ineos Dealership. So far, they have been absolutely oustanding and I do feel fortunate that they are literally a 30 min drive to them....that is HUGE for us!
I also looked at the Land Cruiser 250 and GX550 before went with Ineos Grenadier, at the time First Edition were being priced in the stratosphere, The former will have better on road manner aka more Car like due to IFS, when I looked at it compared to Grenadier body, it was not for me, also it was hard to accept the price since it really same at core tundra/4runner with battery and electric motor with another 1000 lbs of weight.

We ran over to Moab, Arches, and Canyonland early in the summer from Durango which as you know is longer stretch of straighter roads where you run up to 70 to 85 mph and it did great. It was lot of fun driving in Canyonland as well.

Since you're in Colorado, most import for me was driving at altitude and driving on steeper grades like driving up to Silverton and Ouray on 550 where you go over few pass north of 10K. here I love low-end power in the truck it has also good handling on twisty roads. We also headed over to Creede this summer via Pagosa and Wolf Creek Pass, even had one of these fun rain storms coming back while go up Wolf Creek pass were you felt like your driving in Florida at many inch an hour style. Truck was just stable and handle even that like champ.

As I said I also drove from Colorado Spring to Durango, my route was via US50 over Monarch Pass where it was snowing, then over now famous ( due closure ) Blue Mesa bridge into Montrose, then shoot down 550 back into Durango. On that trip I was trying to skirt a snow storm which I was pretty lucky with dry roads from bottom of Monarch Pass going into Gunnison utilI I hit Coal Bank Pass, then the snow let off again heading into Purgatory down to Durango . It handles new and packed powder well , plus the slushy stuff.

I feel lot of people who jump into the truck want BMW X5 handling that is not going to be possible since there about 1000 lbs delta weight and how different the suspension and steering are set up plus X5 is a stiff unibody so they will feel completely different. I also have X5 in Austin which I driven all over Colorado before I picked up Grenadier. I still jump between these two vehicles with zero problems, funny one my wife drives a Honda Odyssey, now that steering feel mushy coming out Grenadier.

One thing I found if your Grenadier has a good alignment and it caster is set correctly it does not do what you see in the Press videos, It drives great on the road. One thing I found is do not over correct it, just be sublet in you action on wheel on the road while your driving at speed. The wheel moving when you turn it you just do not it moving in top of the band of steering wheel aka top 15 degrees from center. .

Last edited:

ForceV4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Excited to be here!
Hey Mike – are you in Colorado Springs? Just asking because I think you probably saw the truck parked at Red Noland - Colorado’s only dealership. I just picked mine up last Saturday after a nine month wait. All I can say is that it was well worth it.
- Mark / Gold Camp Road area

ForceV4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Post a picture - I’ll keep an eye out for you! Did you buy one of the 2024 units off the lot? They had some very good deals - “3 for the price of 2” according to Ken and Christine..! 😂. Enjoy! I’ve now got 77 miles on mine. Let me know if you ever want to grab a beer 🍺!

Last edited:

ColoradoMike

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Post a picture - I’ll keep an eye out for you! Did you buy one of the 2024 units off the lot? They had some very good deals - “3 for the price of 2” according to Ken and Christine..! 😂. Enjoy! I’ve now got 77 miles on mine. Let me know if you ever want to grab a beer 🍺!
I’ll try and set some pictures up this evening! Craig Barela was our sales associate and he has been a pleasure to work with! We did purchase one off the lot. Went back and forth on what we wanted and purchases a Magic Mushroom Fieldmaster with the electric options for the external power on the roof and internal points, tow package, utility rails to come soon, and lockers all the way around. We love the safari windows. Debated on a white Trialmaster but was not a fan of the winch seeing that in the future I will be putting on an aftermarket bumper winch. We will be cruising around your area later today so if you see us wave!!!

Back
Top Bottom