The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Have you ever owned a Land Rover?

Have you ever owned a LR Product? (cast your vote)

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:27 PM
Reaction score
1989 Range Rover Classic (sold long time ago)
1995 Range Rover Classic LWB (own since 2001)
1995 Range Rover Classic SWB (own since 2007)
1995 Range Rover Classic LWB (own since 2019)
1995 Range Rover Classic LWB (sold a year ago)
1996 Discovery 1 (sold after Grenadier arrived)
1996 Discovery 1 (sold a few years ago)
2010 Land Rover LR4 (own since 2013)

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
1989 Range Rover Classic (sold long time ago)
1995 Range Rover Classic LWB (own since 2001)
1995 Range Rover Classic SWB (own since 2007)
1995 Range Rover Classic LWB (own since 2019)
1995 Range Rover Classic LWB (sold a year ago)
1996 Discovery 1 (sold after Grenadier arrived)
1996 Discovery 1 (sold a few years ago)
2010 Land Rover LR4 (own since 2013)

You are just being greedy with all those RR classics. 😀

My grail car, which is daft when I could have purchased a real nice one for the price of my IG. What has held me back is rot box Britain. It’s an horrendous task just halting the creeping death called rust, let alone trying to revert it on a 25-30yr old car.

I am always jealous when I see the old trucks in the States, Australia or South Africa. 👍

Oh and I think I have already put my reply to this thread along way back.

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:27 AM
Reaction score
Lots!

1980 series 3 109” 2.25 petrol
1984 110 soft top 2.5d
1986 110 v8 sw
1986 110 van 2.5 petrol
1993 110 CSW 200tdi
1994 RR LSE
1996 disco 1 300tdi
2001 Disco 2 td5
2002 Defender 90 CSW TD5
2007 Disco 3 2.7tdv6

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

My grail car, which is daft when I could have purchased a real nice one for the price of my IG. What has held me back is rot box Britain. It’s an horrendous task just halting the creeping death called rust, let alone trying to revert it on a 25-30yr old car.

I am always jealous when I see the old trucks in the States, Australia or South Africa. 👍

In the UK 2 millions tonnes of rock salt are spread on the roads, that's the problem

Other countries (except N USA) make people fit winter tyres, too much burden on the motorist?

Reactions: Max

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:27 PM
Reaction score

I know. I had to part with the last 95 Classic that I spend a year cleaning up and restoring - also when I got the Grenadier.
I am also partial to soft-dash trucks - partly due to serpentine belts, partly due to Discovery HVAC unit, partly due to the soft dashes.
Oh and all of these Classics were totally rust-free, California trucks.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
In the UK 2 millions tonnes of rock salt are spread on the roads, that's the problem

Other countries (except N USA) make people fit winter tyres, too much burden on the motorist?

Every motorists dream substance. Get a good frost or snow and after the council have finished it like parking your car in the ocean every night !!

Climate change must be saving the councils a fortune on rock salt, as last time I looked it wasn’t much help with heavy rain and flooding !!!

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I know. I had to part with the last 95 Classic that I spend a year cleaning up and restoring - also when I got the Grenadier.
I am also partial to soft-dash trucks - partly due to serpentine belts, partly due to Discovery HVAC unit, partly due to the soft dashes.
Oh and all of these Classics were totally rust-free, California trucks.

I remember the days in the UK, when you could have literally bought a RR Classic for a pittance, not any more (unless most of it is in a cardboard box).

However they certainly were not rust free and hadn’t been since two months after they were manufactured.

I stand to be corrected but it could be argued it was the zenith of the Land Rovers vehicle history. I remember an article, on Top Gear (I think), a few years ago and they were saying that a pristine 2 door RRC was worth more than a brand new RR.

McGeordie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
2010 90 Hardtop - sold in 2014
2014 110 USW still with me, will be up for sale soon

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I stand to be corrected but it could be argued it was the zenith of the Land Rovers vehicle history. I remember an article, on Top Gear (I think), a few years ago and they were saying that a pristine 2 door RRC was worth more than a brand new RR.
Clean low-mileage Classics are hard to find. I looked for 5-years before stumbling across mine.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Agreed on that one. Just a great design and really stands out.

There is a guy a few blocks from me that has a convertible Classic that is so nice. Unbelievable color too. Recently saw that there is another LWB (pretty sure) on the same street but not sure if it is his or not. Probably is since his collection is pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom