The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Had a chance to drive a Quartermaster today.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:53 PM
Reaction score

Had a chance to drive a Quartermaster​

I drove to the National Park at Noosa again yesterday but stopped at the Ineos Showroom on the way, Simon the Dealer Principle was so determined for me to drive the New Quartermaster and share my views...after about a half an hour drive on the black stuff with Bridgestone All-Terrain Tyres...I parked it and reported that I was quite impressed with its road manners...It is quieter than the wagon because the cabin is smaller and you aren't listening to the bong of your rear tyres on and hitting the road...having that little bit longer wheelbase gave it better tracking and I thought it steered better than the wagon but I did take into consideration that the different tyres, pressure and not as much tread on the road as the BF Goodrich would help that...It was the Diesel which is the same as my wagon but only 600klm and mine is nearly 30000klm so it had that new tightness you feel and I seemed to be pushing it more...mine is starting to roll along now and if you are a diesel owner you will understand that feeling...the truck was really good through the bends and with a little bit of load on board I am sure it would keep it and maybe give the wagon a run for its money and that is the wheelbase again...I know what mine can handle off-road and would be keen to have one in the bush with a bit of a load over the back wheels I think it would do very well...another great vehicle from Ineos. (y)
I think once you added a Norweld style tray and canopy it would sit very nicely.

Reactions: Max

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:53 AM
Reaction score

Had a chance to drive a Quartermaster​

I drove to the National Park at Noosa again yesterday but stopped at the Ineos Showroom on the way, Simon the Dealer Principle was so determined for me to drive the New Quartermaster and share my views...after about a half an hour drive on the black stuff with Bridgestone All-Terrain Tyres...I parked it and reported that I was quite impressed with its road manners...It is quieter than the wagon because the cabin is smaller and you aren't listening to the bong of your rear tyres on and hitting the road...having that little bit longer wheelbase gave it better tracking and I thought it steered better than the wagon but I did take into consideration that the different tyres, pressure and not as much tread on the road as the BF Goodrich would help that...It was the Diesel which is the same as my wagon but only 600klm and mine is nearly 30000klm so it had that new tightness you feel and I seemed to be pushing it more...mine is starting to roll along now and if you are a diesel owner you will understand that feeling...the truck was really good through the bends and with a little bit of load on board I am sure it would keep it down and maybe give the wagon a run for its money and that is the wheelbase again...I know what mine can handle off-road and would be keen to have one in the bush with a bit of a load over the back wheels I think it would do very well...another great vehicle from Ineos. (y)
The one I was given as courtesy vehicle for a week when mine was in had the BF tyres, as mine, and I thought the ride was better. Much quieter without the large empty box behind the rear seats. The drive just seemed that bit better. It only had 116 miles on when picked up, mine had about 8500 at the time. Problem in UK is that it doesn't have secure areas for keeping stuff, it won't fit in parking spaces and some councils are now banning cars over 5 metres. I can also put my surf board in the Grenadier without need to go on roof so it's safe from sticky fingers.
I have the Bison shelf so you can remove the plate that stops stuff falling off when you brake. Made a pole that goes in the holes for the divider behind front seats and then surf board can slide in and sit against the roof on shelf and pole.
Other than the UK problems I would love the Quartermaster. I think on UK green lanes would potentially be more awkward with the extra length??
I had to show it to a friend who was a long term pickup guy until he saw the tax benefit of an electric car (so embarrassed for him)🤣

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had my Trialmaster in for it's 12 m service today. There were several Quartermasters in the dealership including one with a tray back, Method wheels, a set of about half a dozen round lights above the cab, square Lazer lights in the grill in the place of the OEM round ones, a water tank with tap outlet on the driver's side under the tray. A very impressive machine! If I had a big shed I'd buy one... ! I reckon for an extended Australian overland trip it would be an excellent choice.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:53 AM
Reaction score
Had my Trialmaster in for it's 12 m service today. There were several Quartermasters in the dealership including one with a tray back, Method wheels, a set of about half a dozen round lights above the cab, square Lazer lights in the grill in the place of the OEM round ones, a water tank with tap outlet on the driver's side under the tray. A very impressive machine! If I had a big shed I'd buy one... ! I reckon for an extended Australian overland trip it would be an excellent choice.
Any pics?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Mine was in for some minor warranty work, next in line waiting on your service to be finished. Lucky you with the quartermaster loan (if I read correctly), I got a standard wagon. Shame we must have just missed each other.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine was in for some minor warranty work, next in line waiting on your service to be finished. Lucky you with the quartermaster loan (if I read correctly), I got a standard wagon. Shame we must have just missed each other.
Gday Mate,
sorry I didn't hang around...actually I got some exercise, walked to the Stafford shops and caught the bus home rather than take the courtesy vehicle. I was amazed at the building that's going on in the city!! Then I caught the bus back there... $0.00 each way 'cause I'm an old bugger and travel for free in off peak! 😜 I am looking forward to catching up however. Does the FB group have anything in mind shortly?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Gday Mate,
sorry I didn't hang around...actually I got some exercise, walked to the Stafford shops and caught the bus home rather than take the courtesy vehicle. I was amazed at the building that's going on in the city!! Then I caught the bus back there... $0.00 each way 'cause I'm an old bugger and travel for free in off peak! 😜 I am looking forward to catching up however. Does the FB group have anything in mind shortly?

The Qld Club thing seems to have gone dead quiet since the last catch up? Not sure what’s happening there, they were waiting for registration but last meet was two months ago now.

I’m free most Tuesdays and Fridays. 😀

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was tempted but thought it may have raised some eyebrows.... I was hoping the new owner is on this forum and post something at a later date...

That was the dealer principals quartermaster. Nice rig. He replaced the tub with a norweld tray before doing the rest of the work. Very LC79 Series looking.

Back
Top Bottom