The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grommet check

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:07 PM
Reaction score
gaffer is another name for duck tape.. always have a spool of super strong gaffer tape in the vehicle along with ratchet strap and head torch.
Gaffer take is different its low tack for temporary fixing of wires etc for stage and shows, its low tack and leaves no residue. But its duct take is commonly miscalled gaffer in the uk unless you work in film or stage.

But form here

If you’ve been rolling your eyes at people who say “duck tape” adhesive, prepare some apologies. The durable cloth-backed tape first appeared during World War II, when Johnson & Johnson developed an olive drab version as a handy way for American soldiers to waterproof thier ammo cans. According to the company, soldiers dubbed the product “duck tape” because it forced moisture to flee “like water off a duck’s back.”

Troops realized that the tape was good for more than just keeping their powder dry, and after the war, it caught on as an easy and effective way to seal, among other things, heating ducts. Johnson & Johnson even began offering a silver version of the tape specifically for this purpose, giving rise to “duct tape.”

So which is correct? “Duck tape” has the chronological upper hand, but “duct tape” is a more accurate description of the product’s historical use. To make things even more complicated, though, it's no longer used to seal ducts! You could always just hedge your bets the way the leading manufacturer does when it bills itself as “Duck brand duct tape.”

Finally

Air Conditioner Aluminum Foil Tape is now used for AC and heating Duct's

I dont know why I typed this i bore myself sometimes, maybe as my wife has stopped listening to me!!

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:07 PM
Reaction score
Is that another power take off wire taped to the loom - looks like it - look at upper left corner of photo where extra black glossy tape appears to be holding one or two extra wires. Please check if you can and let us know. If it is another power take off wire, please provide both close up photo of extra wiring and a farther away photo so we can see where all this is. Also if you know what switches may power it and any more info. Perhaps I am just looking too much at too many detailed photos....DaBull
That’s exact one of the questions (after searching on the forum first) to ask if anyone knew where These are connected?IMG_3411.jpeg
I need to check with a volt meter if they are connected to one of the switches. But I only have the standaard switches, not the extra switch board. IMG_3413.jpeg

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:07 AM
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:07 PM
Reaction score
That’s exact one of the questions (after searching on the forum first) to ask if anyone knew where These are connected?View attachment 7825663
I need to check with a volt meter if they are connected to one of the switches. But I only have the standaard switches, not the extra switch board. View attachment 7825662
Have a look here for what to expect:
Post in thread 'Right Hand side auxiliary footwell 12V wire' https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...ry-footwell-12v-wire.12412344/post-1333185871

And this thread in general:

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:07 AM
Reaction score
This happened to me a while back and as others have said, it takes very little pressure to pop it out (downwards). I was looking for cable exit points and thought "Ooh, this looks good, I'll give it a little prod with my finger" and it just popped out and disappeared somewhere around the chassis rail. I tried an inspection camera, to no avail - the only way to find it again was to drop the tank guard and I could not be bothered. Gaffer tape it was.

I also checked the opposite side (LHS) under the fuse box and lo and behold, that one had not even been installed! I ordered some from the friendly dealer in Ballarat and they had them in within a few days. Picked them up today and they are a right B*****rd to install - I think they are meant to be installed from below. Anyway after a bit of cursing and much fiddling I got them in and will not go anywhere near them again (even though I have two spares).

They are designed in such a way that pressure from underneath will not dislodge them but a gentle prod from above and it's good night nurse! I'm no engineer but would have thought that a groove at the base of the grommet would make it fit more securely.

Attachments

• 20231205_165120.jpg
    20231205_165120.jpg
    712.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20231205_165113.jpg
    20231205_165113.jpg
    629.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 20231205_164353.jpg
    20231205_164353.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom