The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Independent Event GRENADIER OCTOBERFEST MOAB

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:17 AM
Reaction score
Well anytime you come back for a service to SLC lmk and we'll hit the dirt that week!

Also, is Agile offering that electrical setup as a service? That sounds great to have it all wired to the panel. . .
I think agile has that up as an offer on their website

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:17 PM
Reaction score
Finally back after having to head somewhere else after. But what a fantastic first large event. Had a great time, and I think everyone is impressed by how capable these things are. Never have I seen stock rigs so capable. And to see the aftermarket guys out there smashing stuff up to test new goodies was fantastic. Some highlights for me;

1. Already have a larger permit for May and Ineos throwing their support behind it
2. Navitech wandering in to announce Grenadier replacing the iconic Landcruiser 80 series in their fleet 😲
3. Bill Burke and Scott Brady Presentations
4. So many moded rigs already with owner willing to wheel the heck out of them, and down to earth owners
5. Owl off roads testing components to create a real 37" tire package!!
6. Just how easy it is to live out of a Grenadier off road long term.

the_greenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:17 PM
Reaction score
Thank you to all who attended the inaugural event! It was a huge success and @Voyager-Outdoors ltd. deserves a huge round of applause. Definitely keep an eye out for announcements about a spring AND fall event in 2025. We'll also be in need of more trail leaders as the events grow so please consider sharing your experience and knowledge with your fellow Grenadier owners in that capacity.
Thanks to Shawn H. for this great action shot on Seven Mile Rim.

Michael on rock climb.jpg

TahoeGren

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:17 AM
Reaction score
Thanks to @Voyager-Outdoors ltd. , Warner, supporting vendors, and all the trail leads! We had a great time exploring and meeting other owners and vendors. We did Fins and Things, Hell's Revenge, and 7-Mile Rim. Utah is beautiful, and was great to be able to run these trails. We unfortunately had to leave early on Sunday. On the way back we stopped for lunch and excellent ice cream at The Creamery in Beaver (thank you Shadowmarq for the suggestion). Then we went through Hurricane and had a chance to see Sand Hollow and Matt's Off-Road Recovery. They were closed, but saw Bombi parked in their lot.

A few of my observations:
  1. I misjudged the front bumper/skid clearance quite a few times. I haven't run these trails before, but I feel like my old D2 has more ground clearance. I need to get used to the Grenadier.
  2. Rock sliders, transfer skid, front/bumper skid, rear skid did their job. The factory rock slider and Rival transfer case skid is very low. Hit them a few times, where other trucks without them got through without touching at all.
  3. Also managed to hit the rear diff. No real damage but should have got the AO diff guards instead of waiting for the Rival ones.
  4. With the diffs offset to the left on both axles and the gas tank sitting low on the right side, avoiding a rock hitting the front diff results in it hitting the gas tank.
  5. With tires aired down to 20-22 psi, the Grenadier walked up several tough sections without needing to lock the rear diff, even though locking was recommended. I didn't lock the rear diff a few times due to user error and other times elected to leave it unlocked to see how the Grenadier would do. I only had to reposition and take a slightly different line one time.

For my use I think slightly larger 34" tires and a mild suspension lift is the sweet spot, but unfortunately won't fit my garage. Note that in stock form the Grenadier can do these trails just fine with good spotting. I believe Warner's Grenadiers in the same group were all stock.

Here are some of my photos:
Thursday - Registration
IMG_3791.jpeg
IMG_3792.jpegIMG_0583.jpeg
IMG_3793.jpeg

Friday - Fins and Things, Hell's Revenge
IMG_0603.jpeg
IMG_3819.jpeg
IMG_0606.jpeg
IMG_0608.jpeg
IMG_0609.jpeg

Saturday - 7-Mile Rim
IMG_3852.jpeg
IMG_3857.jpeg
IMG_3860.jpegIMG_3871.jpeg

IMG_3887.jpeg
IMG_0617.jpeg
IMG_3902.jpeg
IMG_3911.jpeg
View attachment IMG_0619.jpeg
IMG_3922.jpeg
(Notice fuel gauge showing near empty at this angle, its really around 75% full).
IMG_0625.jpeg
IMG_0626.jpeg
IMG_0629.jpeg

Furry Friends
IMG_3804.jpeg
IMG_3881.jpeg
IMG_3891.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0616.jpeg
    IMG_0616.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3887.jpeg