The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Got it stuck on the first time out

Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
Ok, so the thing I learned today…after hearing what seemed to be gallons of water sloshing around somewhere I couldn’t see while driving to work and back…there is a second set of drain plugs on the bottom OUTSIDE of the vehicle, removing the interior floor drain plugs empties the water into some type of holding tank, but says nothing about it in the manual I could find
Can you share the location of outside drain plugs?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
Can you share the location of outside drain plugs?
If you look from underneath, you'll easily spot them in the frame rails, almost directly under the in floor drains

Reactions: Max

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
No crocs here in Florida to worry about, just Gators!
Here in Central Europe, we call anything which looks like a Lacoste logo a crocodile. We don't make a difference between caimans, crocodiles and alligators.

They're all dangerous. 🤷‍♂️

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The first real time out and I got it stuck. Withlacoochee state Forest in central FL. But I am even more of a believer in the vehicle than before. It tackled anything i could see. I even told my girlfriend, the only thing I’m afraid of is a drop off under water I can’t see. And what stopped me not 30 min later? Just that. I bottomed out in the muck. Luckily I met a great guy named Clayton with an F250 who pulled us out.View attachment 7842632

So what did I learn?
Mud, sand, gravel, a foot of water, nothing to even flinch at with a Grenadier, just keep going, you won’t get stuck.

The door seals work
The drain plugs work
The tow hooks work

Having a wading height the same as tire height is a convenient measuring device

If there is something to improve with the vehicle, it would be ground clearance (duh, I already knew that and accept what it is)
Florida is no joke. You could have done this if you were being more aggressive and had your tires aired down. Good job!

I have 80 acres high and dry in Citrus County, reach out directly if you want to practice stump crawling. I will be there part-time in about a year or so maybe we can connect.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220711-172017_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20220711-172017_Maps.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 2

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
Florida is no joke. You could have done this if you were being more aggressive and had your tires aired down. Good job!

I have 80 acres high and dry in Citrus County, reach out directly if you want to practice stump crawling. I will be there part-time in about a year or so maybe we can connect.
Yeah, for sure. I need to meet some more Grenadier owners in FL. That’s actually one thing I am disappointed in the dealership here. They talked about hosting off road events, meeting other owners and nothing. So I settled for finding an off-road club (which is a like a Jeep club, but has an occasional Bronco, pickup truck, or Toyota mixed in) that has been great to go exploring with. Florida Trail Stompers if you want to join their FB group for outings/events once you’re down here

I was surprised at how many off-road events and clubs are “jeep only”

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, for sure. I need to meet some more Grenadier owners in FL. That’s actually one thing I am disappointed in the dealership here. They talked about hosting off road events, meeting other owners and nothing. So I settled for finding an off-road club (which is a like a Jeep club, but has an occasional Bronco, pickup truck, or Toyota mixed in) that has been great to go exploring with. Florida Trail Stompers if you want to join their FB group for outings/events once you’re down here

I was surprised at how many off-road events and clubs are “jeep only”
The Jeep guys like to keep to themselves because they are fairly prone to breaking and they don't want to embarrass themselves among other off roaders (in my experience).

Back
Top Bottom