The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fun little factoids

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:49 PM
Reaction score
We all know the “toot” horn is a tip of the hat to bicyclists, something INEOS sponsors.

Have you looked at the red and green lines on the forward panel (near the heated seat buttons). Red left. Green right.

Better said, Red to Port and Green to Starboard. A tip of the hat to their sailing pedigree too.

Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
RRR is for channel markers - so you can remember which way takes you back to shore.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:49 PM
Reaction score
RRR is for channel markers - so you can remember which way takes you back to shore.
Never heard that one and I’m out on a boat almost every day. Never too old to learn. 👍🏼

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Never heard that one and I’m out on a boat almost every day. Never too old to learn. 👍🏼
Remember though - I’m American so that might not apply to the rest of the world. It’s usually us and Liberia that are the holdouts for most things.

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Apparently it’s universal.

View attachment 7862096
I had a navy guy tell me that right is starboard and to remember, “I’m gonna punch you with my right fist and you will see stars. Starboard. Even you, Ed, can figure out port is the other one.”

I am not a boat guy but there is little doubt this was added to the truck for that. The lights don’t move on the boat—direction does, thus the RRR rule.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
UK navigation buoys and fixed beacons follow the IALA Maritime Buoyage System Region A, with red buoys indicating the port side and green buoys the starboard side when entering from the sea, ensuring international vessels can navigate safely.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
Better said, Red to Port and Green to Starboard. A tip of the hat to their sailing pedigree too.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, ‘port wine is always red’.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Red. Right. Return.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that remembers that.... One of the few things I remember from being weight on the rail on a friend's family race boat many Wednesday evenings in high school

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But the U.K. and Europe , Australia etc.has a different system than the USA Here it’s Red, Port markers on the left as you are coming into Port. Whereas Red markers are on the starboard/right side when coming into port in USA. Hence why we don’t get taught Red,right,return. I thought I was going mad for a minute and had to refresh my memory.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
But the U.K. and Europe , Australia etc.has a different system than the USA Here it’s Red, Port markers on the left as you are coming into Port. Whereas Red markers are on the starboard/right side when coming into port in USA. Hence why we don’t get taught Red,right,return. I thought I was going mad for a minute and had to refresh my memory.
Just need a red flag on the roof for bunkering……..

I just hope I don’t have to run up any flags for not under command!

Back
Top Bottom